Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Superintendent mine fixed plant mechanical who will be required to ensure the safe execution of all maintenance activities across the Mine Fixed Plant Mechanical and continuous cross-shift performance.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to ensure the establishment and maintenance of area standards and the delivery of agreed objectives in areas of work management and cost.Responsibilities
- Maintenance of all fixed plant and equipment:
Establish and improve systems and procedures to ‘manage work’, from planning, execution, learning and improvements.
Execute maintenance and operation work while respecting statutory requirements, local laws and regulations and OEM equipment safety requirements.
Promote preventive maintenance by motivating personnel to plan and prepare effective work plans and schedules in conjunction with the centralised planning resources.
Oversee and improve the quality of workmanship for Ambatovy and Contractor works.
Establish area, team and individual skills development plans to meet existing and future business objectives,
Lead the first principles approach to activity based budget planning and management.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual maintenance budget for equipment under responsibility,
- Ensure and lead the respect of the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ).
- Technical diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- Certified training in welding, maintenance planning, pump / pipeline / crusher / screening / electrical maintenance are all desired.
- 15 years’ relevant experience in progressive supervisory roles,
- 5 years’ experience in a senior fixed plant maintenance role such as Superintendent in a large remote integrated mining and mineral processing operation,
- Advanced knowledge of mineral processing methods, equipment and performance expectations.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance procedures relating to planning, life cycle modelling, condition monitoring, predictive methods, welding, piping, crushing, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of tooling and instrumentation relating to fixed plant.
- A robust working proficiency of Microsoft Office suite.
- An advanced working proficiency of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS’ such as Oracle, Ellipse, Pronto or SAP).
- Success in ‘selling ideas’, challenging the status quo and promoting change.
- Demonstrated success in coaching other expats and nationals.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of national talent.
- Fluent in English, some French is an advantage,
- Able to work under limited supervision,
- Ability to supervise, motivate and lead,
- Able to develop a team,
- Ability to train and pass on knowledge,
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail,
- Cultural and religious awareness and tolerance,
- High degree of patience and tolerance,
- Demonstrated motivation to train and coach the Malagasy workforce.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.