We are looking for a technology-oriented Metallurgist to work closely with customers to help them indentify problems, investigate solutions and advice on improvements. This person acts as a hydrometallurgy specialist and provides technical expertise and tailor-made answers to each client.
Chemours company is an international, world class leader in titanium technologies, fluoroproducts, and chemical solutions. With 200 years of history and a focus on differentiated portfolio of premium products - Chemours helps customers respond to developed and developing market needs.
Globe 24-7 has been selected to source the position because of our expertise and market knowledge.
Globe 24-7 with a cooperation of Chemours is searching for a Metallurgist that will enable company to bring forth new Emerging Technologies to solve some of the most challenging needs in the precious metals mining industry. The selected candidate must be able to successfully work under pressure and cooperate well in teams as well as work independently.
- Leveraging their knowledge of precious metal extraction to identify customer technology needs and opportunities that are amenable to Chemours capabilities;
- Managing emerging technology projects at different stages from concept to commercialization for new products and offerings:
- Collaborate with technology teams and project leaders to develop solutions that can resolve market and customer needs;
- Facilitate the necessary research and experimental testing within internal and external laboratories to develop solutions and new product offerings;
- Scope, design, and build pilot plant operations to test new concepts;
- Compile and analyze laboratory, pilot plant and plant experimental and/or operating data for decision making; prepare appropriate reports.
- Lead technical and economic feasibility evaluations of emerging technologies
- Screening targets (e.g., types of ore deposits, specific customers, new technology partners, etc.) for technology acquisitions, new technology offerings, and novel technology applicability;
- Engage with external organizations on new opportunities
- Building relationships with customers and value chain partners in the application of Chemours product stewardship services.
- Leveraging understanding of precious metal extraction to identify and troubleshoot customer issues and technology needs
- Supporting field technical resources with the development and implementation of solutions
- A bachelor's degree in Mining and Mineral Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering
- 5 or more years of work experience in the precious metal industry (in mineral processing, hydrometallurgy and gold metallurgy test work)
- Demonstrated work experience in the field (on mine sites)
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (25% of your time), domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams as well as work independently
- Work experience in (mining related) laboratory environments
- Work experience managing and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analysis and communication skills, oral and written, internally (within Chemours) and externally (with customers, regulators, service providers); good organization ability
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies, products and processes
- Demonstrated ability to utilize common IT systems (WORD, PowerPoint, etc.) and learn new systems to be proficient in the role
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document