Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a seasoned Major Maintenance Superintendent to oversee the execution of all major maintenance within the site. The position is essential in developing and standardizing best practices and implementing best practices and procedures. Leading the coordination with internal departments, external vendors, contractors and other service groups as well controlling the performance of contractors and vendors on site.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Major Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible for the planning and execution of all major works (planned and unplanned), alterations and construction (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument and Civil) across Plant Site, Port and Tailings. The successful applicant will support the Area Maintenance Superintendents to address backlog issues as well plays a critical role in managing the Asset Integrity programs throughout the site.
- Safety First by ensuring compliance with the Ambatovy Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policies and associated documentation.
- Accountable for the overall performance of general management and administrative activities for the execution major maintenance.
- Responsible for the development, planning, coordination and execution of major outages, including Pre and Post Turnaround reviews with the goal of ensuring that the maintenance activities have minimal impact on production schedules and throughput.
- Responsible for providing collaborative support to all business units and accountable for the quality of services provided as being a support group.
- Accountable to meeting budget and operating targets that are set in his/her area of responsibility and reporting and developing midterm strategic plans for central shops and services and facility contracting out requirements.
- Monitoring of maintenance performance to ensure that standards of workmanship, quality and legislative requirements are met are maintained at the highest levels.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering is desirable.
- Relevant trade experience well regarded.
- 10 to 15 years experience in Industrial Maintenance at a Supervisory or Management level, managing large teams is essential.
- Familiarity in project management, and contract management.
- Extensive industrial maintenance experience along with reliability practices.
- Financially literate to prepare large budgets, forecasts, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of all safety aspects for mechanical and electrical facilities as well as industrial facilities.
- Strong familiarity with mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and maintenance best practices.
- Sound understanding of working at heights and scaffold management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on Functional Cultural awareness.
- Language skills: English is essential. French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.