Website Globe 24-7
Superintendent III, Metallurgical Projects
Kamoa Copper SA is a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%), and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%). It’s a very large, near-surface, flat-lying, stratiform copper deposit with adjacent prospective exploration areas within the Central African Copperbelt, at approximately 25 kilometers west of the town of Kolwezi and about 270 kilometers west of the provincial capital of Lubumbashi.
In its endeavors to ramp up copper production and become the third-largest copper producer, the mine has started earthworks on a 500 000 t/y direct-to-blister flash. As they continue to break new ground and set new standards for sustainable and responsible mining, we invite you to be a part of their journey towards excellence.
The successful incumbent will manage technical innovation, and close design gaps in equipment selection and process requirements, project manage process and equipment modification as required to achieve design requirements in the Smelter, and ensure continuous improvement projects are implemented within the triple constraint of time, cost, and quality. The incumbent manages a team of specialists and consultants as required.
The Key Responsibilities
- Manage technical processes, equipment, and process efficiency for the Smelter
- Ensure continuous improvement of technical processes and equipment for the Smelter
- Manage process improvement projects for the Smelter
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines to enhance work delivery, collaboration, and innovation
- Coordinate, monitor, and supervise the performance of direct reports
- Monitor costs or expenses within the approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste
- Adhere to and improve reporting processes for the area of responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree (Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering)
- Advanced knowledge of Metallurgy, Company systems, and policies
- Copper smelting Standard Operating Procedures
- 8+ years’ relevant experience in various positions within a Smelter
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a managerial position
- Fluent English is compulsory, Mandarin & French advantageous
The position offers a 2-year contract with a competitive remuneration package on single status with a great FIFO roster. The newly built accommodation village offers secure and modern facilities with meals provided on-site.
Please submit your CV together with a copy of your ID or passport via the necessary link.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of submitting your application then please consider it to be unsuccessful.