Website Globe 24-7
Our client operates on a large-scale copper and cobalt deposits, both open pit and underground, with high-grade mineral reserves. Metals production is conducted using up-to-date metallurgical processing. They are one of the world’s largest diversified natural resource companies, producing and marketing over 90 commodities worldwide. The company’s operations include copper, zinc, nickel, cobalt, and precious metals mining, as well as oil and gas production.
The Mine Planning Manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership and direction to the copper mining operations in the DRC. In this role you will lead a team of high performing engineers to support the growth and development of our client’s global Copper Portfolio based at our Johannesburg office in South Africa, with regular travel to the DRC.
The Regional Technical Support Team is a newly established team, responsible for providing strategic planning, mine engineering and technical governance support to the Copper mining operations and projects globally.
- Providing leadership to asset optimisation studies and life of asset (LoA) planning.
- Providing leadership for definition and reporting of mineral resource and ore reserves.
- Ensuring Technology and Operational Excellence improvements are incorporated in asset optimisation studies.
- Providing discipline leadership for professional development and competency for the mining engineers in the Johannesburg team and the African assets.
- Supporting and leading reviews of site and project technical services process.
- Leading studies and development projects with mine planning services.
- Supporting internal toll gate reviews for operations and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering or related engineering degree Be an outstanding leader, influencer, and relationship builder.
- Mine Managers Certificate of Competency essential
- Must be authorized to do sign-offs
- More than 15 years of experience in open cut and underground metals mining.
- More than 6 years’ experience in copper mining industry.
- Good mine planning software skills would be a bonus, key packages including Deswik, Whittle and Datamine.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in completing life of mine plans and reporting of mineral resource and ore reserves.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial knowledge.
- Ability to travel to mining operations in the DRC.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.