Globe’s representatives Luis Valente, Anna Pishchal and Lena Kozovski recently attended the African Mining Indaba Conference joining prominent Mining Executives, African Mining Ministers and Major Industry Organisations in Cape Town, South Africa.
The conference, which concluded last Thursday, not only highlighted the optimistic tone of “seeking progress while maintaining stability” for Africa, but also highlighted the “positive signals” about the future of the mining industry including:
- Exciting investment opportunities exist: Indeed, there is a large number of construction projects in the African region at the moment and Junior and mid tier companies’ projects are progressing from exploration to construction
- Greater government support offered: Companies are getting funding to continue to explore additional reserves and to also build/expand operations
- Employee demand increasing: Candidates are starting to get competing offers and we see a lot more movement in the industry
- Workforce Development programs needed: A big push in the industry is underway to continue improvements on social and corporate responsibility. Plans are developed to balance diverse and local workforce, to train and develop the management level and make the transition from expatriate to competent/trained local hires
- Common vision for sustainable development critical: Social programs are launched to improve the conditions of the impacted areas and local communities. Companies are looking for ways to leave a positive legacy behind for the community, including infrastructure for the people with clean water and clean power
With over 4,000 delegates from 800 international companies and 40 government delegations in attendance, the Mining Indaba was an outstanding conference and we’re already looking forward to Indaba 2019!
About Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 (Globe) has been conducting human resources consulting and search assignments for local and international mining, power, manufacturing and oil and gas companies around the world for over a decade. Globe has offices in the major markets of the world to ensure consulting assignments and search campaigns are effectively managed at both site and corporate locations and has grown internationally to now service small, mid-tier and large-scale companies through its project recruitment, search, HR consulting and HR Systems divisions.
Connect with Luis, Anna or Lena if you want to know how we can help you with your HR and hiring needs.