Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with their client in Nevada, United States is in search of an Underground Operations Supervisor for their mining operations.
The Underground Operations Supervisor is responsible for supervising personnel and equipment and ensuring that all aspects of the underground operations are being met and optimized to achieve the Company’s objectives. Prioritize and assign personnel as work requires. Supervise all unit operations, coordinate with Maintenance to ensure equipment performs as required and coordinate with engineering and site contractors to ensure compliance with mine plans. Develop and train employees to standards required for safe and efficient equipment operation and the safe performance of all work activities underground.
This is a full-time, permanent, and residential role requiring relocation to Yerington, Nevada
- Lead by example to ensure a collaborative approach to safety interdependency
- Oversee an underground mining crew to safely and effectively complete underground operations objectives
- Oversee the safety of all underground operations, recognizing the health and safety hazards that exist in the underground environment and correct as soon as possible
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures, and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in a healthy, safe and environmentally sustainable manner
- Conduct frequent workplace inspections
- Conduct daily “tool-box” safety talks and encourage safe work habits
- Evaluate, prioritize, plan, and assign operators to safely complete necessary underground mining operations
- Partner with maintenance to ensure all PM/PDM’s are completed on time
- Work with maintenance, contractors and engineering departments to ensure daily, weekly and monthly plans are aligned
- Provide any assigned reports pertinent to the underground operations
- Formulate, monitor, and ensure employee compliance of policies and procedures
- Occasionally use hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools, and other mechanical instruments and equipment to assist operations personnel in operating mine equipment and property
- Managing the way in which hourly and salary employees interact and communicate in a manner that provides positive support for the organization top to bottom
- Complete organization and planning of manpower, materials, and equipment. Assist in developing and monitoring work schedules, monitor and control costs within budget parameters
The above list of required qualifications is not intended as being comprehensive, other duties and priorities will be included and assigned as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of underground mining environment required, preferably with large long hole stope mining.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience at a supervisory level required.
- Strong experience with safety and health in the mining industry with a demonstrable track record of delivering safety results
- An in-depth understanding of underground mine development and planning
- An in-depth understanding of underground mining practices, policies, procedures and standards
- An in-depth understanding of underground equipment
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.