Website Globe 24-7
Technical Advisor Mine Operations
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Technical Advisor Mine Operations To support, coach and mentor the mine operations team (superintendents, supervisors, leads and operators). The incumbent is expected to present a strong safety leadership example, provide a high level of technical support and maintain focus on development of the operations team through constructive feedback on performance against targets and performance expectations.
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy Joint Venture, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
The Technical Advisor Mine Operations will plan, organize, control and continuously improve work processes and supports Mine Operations leaders in a broad range of programs, initiatives and problem-solving to ensure cost effective, reliable production. Supports the Operation Superintendents in ensuring operation execution and planning are completed to a high standard.
- Provides direction and leadership to the superintendents, supervisors, operators to ensure they meet the safety and production targets as set by the Mine Management Team.
- Completion of works according to required design and standards and on time and within cost allocated
- Supports safe and efficient execution of operational tasks in the Mine Operations.
- Develops and implements best practices for operations work procedures and methods ensuring that updated SOPs are in place
- Provides technical and operational expertise to department on world best practice mining methods, safety standards, pit and machine optimization utilizing Wenco fleet managements system
- Encourages the national superintendents, Supervisors and leads to manage their own workforce with a view to optimizing their performance by minimizing lost time due to annual leave, sick leave or unplanned leave.
- Plans, monitors and controls critical Operation activities to ensure quality, compliance and performance
- Actively participates in daily/weekly production and shutdown work planning routines
- Works with Superintendents to ensure all work practices comply with the Ambatovy HSE policies and procedures
- Provides coaching and in the field training to the operation’s team.
- Conducts inspections and audits of all work in operational areas
- Offer their practical knowledge to guide junior engineers into a meaningful way of how to incorporate engineered plans and make the practical suggestions to ensure it is achievable
- Identify new technologies/method/process to improve or capitalize on performance, implementing procedures, and controls to pioneer the new technology/method/process
- Advise the Manager Mine Ops on any potential impacts they see as a potential to have negative effects and offer solutions to reduce these impacts
- Act as “First responders” to any critical areas in the drill/blast/load/haul/dump operations where bottlenecks are formed
- Set priorities and advise of standards and methods for construction and maintenance of all roads and drainage structures
- Offer night time support to ensure effective management of people and resources
- Leads/participates in continuous improvement initiatives in field of expertise
- Manages and coordinates optimization projects including subcontractors if required.
- Participate in daily VMB sessions, tool boxes and Red Envelopes
- Drive pit optimization and production
- Ensure +85% compliance to plan by way of regular pit inspections
- Offer guidance, coaching and hands on training to dispatchers
- Monitor monthly cost reviews to maintain OPEX requirements
- Work closely with the National Superintendents and the Manager mining with input for yearly CAPEX requirements
- Tertiary Qualification in a mining related field
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in modern large open pit mining operations with extensive Drill and Blast experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in a similar senior role
- Demonstrated applied learning in areas of mining safety, methods, standards and business improvement
- Excellent understanding and acceptance of risk assessment and analysis systems.
- Demonstrated prior experience in a mine training/development role
- General awareness of mine planning systems and software
- Good understanding of geotechnical hazards and controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Manage and supervise external contractors and consultants.
- Stress and time management skills
- Fluent in English, with French or Malagasy skills an asset
- Experience in remote developing countries as well as developed countries
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.