Website Globe 24-7
Superintendent III, Furnace Building
Kamoa Copper SA is a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%). It’s a very large, near-surface, flat-lying, stratiform copper deposit with adjacent prospective exploration areas within the Central African Copperbelt, at approximately 25 kilometres west of the town of Kolwezi and about 270 kilometres west of the provincial capital of Lubumbashi.
In its endeavours to ramp up copper production and become the third-largest copper producer, the mine has started earthworks on a 500 000 t/y direct-to-blister flash. As they continue to break new ground and set new standards for sustainable and responsible mining, we invite you to be a part of their journey towards excellence.
The successful incumbent will plan, organise, and ensure the execution of all maintenance and service work of Smelter Plant Furnaces in support of production. The incumbent acts as an SME and the scope/portfolio of this role includes improving departmental troubleshooting and analysis capabilities, proposing solutions and generally enabling the availability of Furnace equipment.
The Key Responsibilities
- Implement Equipment Design, Construction & Commissioning.
- Inspect, Manage and Maintain Smelter Plant Equipment.
- Function as a Furnace Engineering subject matter expert.
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines to enhance work delivery, collaboration, and innovation.
- Monitor costs or expenses within the approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Support the Transformation agenda.
- Integrate HSEQ into all work processes.
- Adhere to and improve reporting processes for the area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering.
- 15+ years’ relevant experience, ideally in a smelting maintenance environment.
- 10+ years’ supervisory experience in furnaces technology – Flash/EF/AF.
- English as the working language. Mandarin, French, Swahili advantageous.
- Metallurgical Operation, Control, Maintenance and Smelting equipment and related equipment.
- Production and Smelter Standard Operating Procedures.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer operation.
The position offers a 2-year contract with a competitive remuneration package on single status with a great FIFO roster. The newly built accommodation village offers secure and modern facilities with meals provided on-site.
Please submit your CV together with a copy of your ID or passport via the necessary link.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of submitting your application then please consider it to be unsuccessful.