Website Globe 24-7
Superintendent III, Control Center & Coordination
Kamoa Copper SA is a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%). It’s a very large, near-surface, flat-lying, stratiform copper deposit with adjacent prospective exploration areas within the Central African Copperbelt, at approximately 25 kilometres west of the town of Kolwezi and about 270 kilometres west of the provincial capital of Lubumbashi.
In its endeavours to ramp up copper production and become the third-largest copper producer, the mine has started earthworks on a 500 000 t/y direct-to-blister flash. As they continue to break new ground and set new standards for sustainable and responsible mining, we invite you to be a part of their journey towards excellence.
The successful incumbent will manage, organise, and coordinate activities in the Control and Dispatch Centre to support production.
The Key Responsibilities
- Oversee, supervise, and implement Control and Dispatch Centre design, construction & commissioning.
- Ensure and coordinate the Smelter production process to meet monthly and annual Smelter production targets.
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines to enhance work delivery, collaboration, and innovation.
- Monitor costs or expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Support the Transformation agenda.
- Integrate HSEQ into all work processes.
- Adhere to and improve reporting processes for the area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree with Metallurgical Engineering-related majors.
- 5 years’ relevant copper smelter experience, and 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- Fluency in English preferred. Swahili, French or Mandarin advantageous.
- Experience in entire Smelter operations, equipment, machines, instrumentation, and infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting (to determine causes of operating errors and establish remedial actions).
- Understanding flash furnace and smelting methodologies specific to the Smelter processes.
- Production and Smelter Standard Operating Procedures and Process.
The position offers a 2-year contract with a competitive remuneration package on single status with a great FIFO roster. The newly built accommodation village offers secure and modern facilities with meals provided on-site.
Please submit your CV together with a copy of your ID or passport via the necessary link.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of submitting your application then please consider it to be unsuccessful.