Website Globe 24-7
Senior Manager Sustainability
Globe 24-7 in partnership with a key client is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their mining operation in Africa. We are actively recruiting an experienced Senior Manager Sustainability who, in collaboration with Senior Leadership will be responsible for developing appropriate goals, metrics and processes for measuring the company’s performance with respect to Sustainability including safety, health, environmental, community engagement and government relations objectives.
The role is a Senior Manager Sustainability is responsible to ensure that their company upholds and works towards finding new, innovative and economically reductive ways to stay sustainable.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring company or organizational environmental strategies.
- Responsible for communicating plans, formulating budgets and marketing sustainability strategies to vendors, customers, and colleagues.
- Creating marketing strategies, building, and looking after budgets and managing internal and external communications.
- Collect and analyze company-wide data on sustainability initiatives and programs and collaborate with key
- internal and external stakeholders to provide senior management with relevant analysis and recommendations on sustainability programs and reporting.
- Analysis and audits as required.
- Responsible for coordinating a variety of projects, ideas, and strategies with all stakeholders.
- Assist the Investor Relations & Corporate Communications department in communicating and promoting
- sustainability initiatives and programs; participate in the development of a sustainability communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Engineering or Sustainability.
- Min 10 years sound understanding of environmental, economic, social and governance issues within the mining industry.
- Strong research skills and ability to analyse and interpret data to create reports.
- Assess any inefficiencies in your organisation and strategize how to provide effective solutions.
- Be creative in the way you think.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building abilities with the capacity to work independently and in a
- team environment with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in diverse cultures with diplomacy and an understanding of differences in international
- business environments.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.