Website Globe 24-7
We have partnered with a Global Mining & Metals business seeking an experienced Safety Advisor to joing their team. This role requires on the job experience, coupled with Certificate level (or above) qualification to join the Health, Safety and Hygiene team. Supporting an industrial Major Hazard Facility of 800~ employees, this role provides safety support to operational teams by implementing the Health & Safety Management Plan. You will also be involved in incident investigation, conduct risk assessments and selection of appropriate controls.
- Provide hands-on, practical advice to the operational teams
- Support departments in hazard identification and risk assessment process
- Facilitate investigations in response to injuries and near misses, including facilitation of ICAM
- Maintain ongoing two-way stakeholder consultation and mechanisms for safety communications, information sharing and learning across site, ensuring timely and effective implementation of required actions
- Ensure systems are in place whereby employees have adequate training in safe work practices, hazard identification and emergency procedures
Qualifications/Experience & Abilities:
- Safety Graduate with Tertiary level qualification OR a safety professional with on-the-job experience with minimum Certificate IV Health & Safety
- Experience in industrial industry advantageous
- Knowledge of South Australian WH&S legislation, codes of practice and standards
- Excellent interpersonal and customer focused skills
- A passion for safety with the ability to positively engage, influence and negotiate to achieve results • Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment – safety glasses, boots, respirator, hard hat, ear protection, safety harness, etc
If this sounds like your next desired career move, please apply via the link below with your most recently updated CV.