Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with a key client in West Africa are working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their team.
The role is based in South Africa but will require travel to site every second month for two weeks. This person will be responsible for managing the internal and external EPCM procurement and expediting activities for the client’s project from enquiry to delivery and construction according to the project procurement strategy. The role reports to the Project Director.
- Responsible for ensuring the best suppliers are selected from a cost, time, quality and local content point of view and deliver as per project schedule, with a controlled level of risk.
- The incumbent will work closely with the EPCM who manages the procurement for most of the packages and be responsible for the management of their activities.
- Liase with all procurement teams, in order to maintain consistency between the project procurement process and the company’s guidelines, as well as to look for synergies between the different procurement teams and legal department.
- The projects are mainly schedule-driven with a strong pressure to optimize the timeline and cost of the projects. Trade-off’s between cost, risks and delay will be a continual challenge.
Update the procurement strategy of the projects:
- Update project procurement strategy, processes and workflow based on lessons learned to date.
- Develop and update the project procurement plan (together with the EPCM contractor)
- Develop and maintain document templates (service agreement, equipment supply agreement, etc.)
- Ensure that the procurement processes are compliant from a legal, CSR and HSE points of view.
- Refine logistical strategy and customs clearing process.
Oversees the EPCM (Hatch) procurement process:
- Contribute to the elaboration of the packages and bidders lists and validate it.
- Contribute to the justification of the sole-source packages.
- Review, comment and validate the tender document issued by the EPCM.
- Ensure timeous loading and approval of purchase orders and that contracts are signed on time.
Manages the procurement of the owner’s scope packages:
- Together with the project director and manager, establishes the bidder’s list.
- Manages the pre-qualification process (if required).
- Prepares the tender package.
- Manages the tender process through the online portal.
- Open, review, and assess the bids according to the company’s standards.
- Drive the clarification meetings.
- Prepare and submit the recommendation to award.
- Finalize the negotiation with the preferred bidder(s) and interfaces with the legal department.
- Ensure that the contract and purchase orders are reviewed and signed on time.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the engineering and construction industry (7 years in mining industry).
- Previous expat experience.
- Formal tertiary qualification preferably in business administration, contract law, supply chain management, logistics etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Mining Project Procurement and detailed understanding of mining industry practices, requirements, and logistical challenges.
- Knowledge of EPCM / EPC contract models with focus on FIDIC conditions of contract.
- Substantial knowledge of Project Management processes as implemented on mining projects.
- Ability to gather and analyse data, draw conclusions, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective communicator and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently / Ability to deliver under limited direct supervision.
- Relevant job experience, including contract negotiation and interfacing with legal departments.
- Ability to meet safety requirements and attend regular site visits.
- Familiar and proficient with ERP.
- The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
- The role is based in South Africa but will require travel to site every second month for two weeks.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.