Website Globe 24-7
Project Lead II
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced & suitably qualified, French speaking civil or mechanical engineer to manage entire projects from initiation to close-out.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. The Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
Reporting to the Plant Project Superintendent, the successful incumbent will be a strong leader who can work alone, manage and resolve issues, manage the budget closely and be able to define the strategy of execution for entire projects.
Project Development Leading
- Prepare the entire project within the strategies, budget and timeline in a clear documentation prior to senior management/CAPEX committee official approval
- Prepare and lead the tendering process with SCM department support and lead technical bid evaluation
- Prepare and review with the cost estimation group all budget approval and cost schedule prior to senior management/CAPEX committee official approval
- Compile everything related to the project into a “Project booklet” prior to a sign off and approval from the Client and Senior Management
- Manage execution strategy and timeline for the project achievement
- Manage all the teams assigned to the projects such as Project coordinators (DMSA or contractors), HS and contractors
- Manage and mitigate all risks associated to the projects
- Manage the project budget including the Cost Performance Index (CPI), forecast and accruals within contingencies
- Participate in contract elaboration and negotiation
- Project Closure
- Execute entire closure and sign off of the project within punch list completion and complete documentation
- An Engineering degree (civil, mechanical, E/I) or equivalent from a recognized University
- Training certification (certificate of completion COC) in project management PMP
- 3 successful years’ experience as “Project Lead I” in industrial world, complex chemical, hydrometallurgical projects or refineries. Preference is given to the candidates with previous experience in projects with value of US$15M or more than 5 years’ experience as Project coordinator II
- More than 10 years’ experience in construction coordination, supervision of contractors and sub-contractors
- Strong technical knowledge in related engineering (electrical/instrumentation/mechanical or civil/structural)
- Previous experience in Project/Construction Engineering/Management in heavy industries/mining/oil & gas
- Experience in project management including reporting, quality control, budgets and cost control, and administration
- Fluency in English & French
- Strong in MS Office/MS project
- Advanced Excel , PowerPoint
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and is available on a Rotational FIFO roster.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume to us in English, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.