Website Globe 24-7
Principal Engineer – Ore Slurry Pipeline
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Principal Engineer: Ore Slurry Pipeline who will be required to coordinate multidiscipline engineering services internally within the Engineering Department (Process, Civil, Structural, Piping, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control, Drafting and Document Control), as well as with other Ambatovy Departments (Project Execution, Project Controls, Operations, Maintenance, Supply Chain Management, HSE, Quality, Asset Integrity, Asset Reliability, QA/QC) and necessary consultants, specialist service companies, OEM’s, vendors and contractors associated with the Ore Slurry Pipeline Project and for the ancillary projects related to the Ore Slurry Pipeline Project.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is the accountable business partner of a named production area to identify, with other stakeholders, the engineering solutions and modifications necessary to optimize operations in that area. The other main stakeholders include operations, asset integrity, projects execution, maintenance and reliability teams. The requirements of a project or work request, once identified and delineated in the formal request (“one-pager”) require the Principal Engineer to then form a team of engineers within the various disciplines, assisted by the Technical Authorities (TA)/ Head Discipline Engineers, in order to provide a fully engineered, safe, timely and cost-effective solution with all necessary drawings, calculations and procedures.
- Ensure technical quality and timely delivery of the project/work within budget.
- Establish and maintain weekly meeting with the Area manager or representative of his/her production zone
- Field all requests for engineering services from the production/ operation zone and rank them according to the RAM matrix
- Take note of the various disciplines and competences required to achieve the objectives outlined in the project/work request and with the TA/ Head Discipline Engineers form a specific team for the work to be completed
- Coordinate engineering with TAs/ Head Discipline Engineers and other external parties such as Vendors, Consultants and or OEM’s and Contractors.
- Track objectives, engineering staff within the team, progress against deadlines and any delays incurred
- Track the use and cost of contractors and contracting companies on a monthly basis (CTRs)
- Report progress of all projects in weekly approved report in Excel file to CE and ME.
- Hold a fortnightly (or more frequently if required) meeting with the Chief Engineer (CE)/ Manager of Engineering (ME) to communicate progress (milestones achieved, expenditure, resource-hours, delays)
- Acting Chief Engineer/ Manager of Engineering in their absence as delegated
- Staff: Manage rotation of staff for the progress of the project/work
- Staff/contractor: Define, at the outset, the accountabilities of in-house resources versus contractors’ division of work and ensure quality of work and cost-effective delivery particularly if the work is carried out off-site or out of Madagascar.
- Financial authority according to policy
- University educated engineer (B.Eng or M.Eng.).
- Chartered engineer or P.E.
- Experience with pipeline projects in mountainous terrain and heavy rain conditions (tropical/sub-tropical) ESSENTIAL
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Must have delivered more than 200km+ pipelines
- Experience on remote projects
- Knowledge of a branch of engineering (Process or Mechanical)
- Knowledge of process engineering
- Knowledge of multi-disciplinary Engineering management/ co-ordination
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, execution methods
- PMI certified PMP
- Knowledge of basic processes and basic engineering principles
- Knowledge of engineering design in a specific discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of occupying senior engineering roles in a modern downstream plant.
- Minimum 5 years of experience coordinating multi-disciplinary Engineering Teams on medium to large projects as well as for plant engineering initiatives
- Experience in FEED/ FEL design development
- Experience in handling multiple small/ medium projects simultaneously (5 – 10 projects at a time)
- Experience with coordinating Execution support from Engineering Team
- Experience with coordinating Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning support from Engineering Team
- Turnaround/ Total Plant Shutdown experience
- Project management/ project engineering experience in engineering consulting environment
- Medium-sized team management (10-20)
- Ability to handle multi-projects
- Perseverance in the face of adverse conditions
- Variable staff numbers and abilities (coaching, training, encouraging team spirit)
- Total commitment: Night/day/weekend/vacation response
- Manage costs
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume preferably as a Microsoft Word document.