Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with a key client is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their mining operation in West Africa. We are actively recruiting a well experienced Mining Engineer to provide technical and project management support for engineering studies (scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility).
The role is a Mining Engineer to initiate and lead productivity improvement projects for the mining operations department, which will include stakeholder engagement and any management of change required.
- Ensuring that operations comply with health and safety requirements
- Using specialist computer applications to maximize planning and production
- Ascertaining extraction risks
- Develop work packages for contract tendering for Open Pit project work
- implementing world best practice mining for the Open Pit Mine
- Layout development input
- Technical issue resolution
- Disseminate information clearly to mechanical team (engineers and designers) and other disciplines,
- Work on project teams to create world class designs for greenfield, retrofit and upgrade projects in the mining industry
- Participate in the planning and execution of the Open pit through the productivity improvement lens
- Monthly budget and cost reviews
- Relevant qualification Bachelor’s Degree Mine Engineering or similar is required
- 5 – 10 years of experience as a Mining Engineer, in operating open pit mines and projects under development/expansion, ideally on soft ores and concentrates
- Prior experience within an engineering environment is essential
- Must have proven experience following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Exposure to cost control and contract management is ideal
- Exceptional skills in open pit productivity improvement
- Knowledge of technology project management is an asset
- English is essential and ability to speak French is highly advantageous
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.