Website Globe 24-7
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting a professional Engineer to lead and coordinate all functions within the Utilities department.
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world-class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to creating lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contributing significantly to Madagascar’s sustainable development.
Reporting to the Director Plant Operations, the successful incumbent will ensure that all activities are completed in a detailed, specific timeline while maintaining Ambatovy’s core values. The position requires the incumbent to collaborate effectively with other Managers across Operations and within Support Functions to deliver safe and reliable production that consistently meets production targets.
- Provides a utility service to meet the PAL and Refinery requirements for steam, power, water, air and natural gas.
- Reviews all maintenance shutdown plans timing and execution as required.
- Reviews processes to identify operational or design deficiencies and implements changes to increase operating reliability, productivity and efficiency to achieve or exceed production targets.
- Ensures conformance to all site and governmental regulations regarding pressure piping codes, boilers, safety valves and training of national work force.
- Engineering degree in mechanical or chemical or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in the operation of utilities
- 12 years of large scale industrial experience in relevant industry with at least 3 years in management level position.
- Successful track record leading large teams
- Practical experience in plant trouble shooting
- Proven track record of implementing maintenance strategies within the operations for increased reliability is an asset
- Strong and proven safety background
- Strong ability to read P&iDs, piping specification, engineering documents
- Experience leading a multi-national work force to increase unit knowledge and develop local workforce
Soft Skills / Behavioural Competencies
- Strong leadership and communication skills in a multi-national environment
- English is a must, French is a plus
- Coaching & Transfer knowledge
- Ability to lead the team assigned to a project
- This position will require international travel for departmental inspection and hiring purposes.
- This position may require cross department supervision due to operational requirements
The position offers a competitive remuneration package with a market related package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.