Website Globe 24-7
LEAD GEOLOGIST – AFRICA PROJECTS
Our copper client is located in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and operates on a large-scale copper and cobalt deposits, both open pit and underground, with high-grade mineral reserves. Metals production is conducted using up-to-date metallurgical processing. They are also engaged in a vast program of socio-economic development of the DRC, through visible and sustainable achievements in the surrounding communities, particularly in the sectors of infrastructure, education, health and agriculture.
Based in Johannesburg with monthly travel to the DRC, the Lead Geologist – Africa Projects will report to the Manager Projects – Africa and is accountable for the geological support and service functions aimed at improving the delivery of projects in the African region.
- Provide geology services to operations and projects
- Support collaboration between mine geology and operational teams across sites and regions ensuring the sharing of successful innovation and practice initiatives
- Support internal technical and toll gate reviews for operations and projects
- Support technical evaluations and due diligence reviews of investment opportunities
- Providing mentoring and support to mine geologists across the African operations
- Assist with investigation and implementation of new mining and exploration related technology across our operations
- Effectively communicate to all levels of stakeholders
- Tertiary Qualification in Geology, postgraduate studies looked upon favourably.
- 8+ years of experience in mine geology across base and precious metals
- High level of proficiency in writing technical reports
- Ability to influence people across all levels of the business
- Prior experience managing diverse teams.
- English language skills (preferably bilingual French/English/Spanish)