Website Globe 24-7
Health & Safety Manager
Globe 24-7 in partnership with their client in Nevada, is searching for a Health and Safety Manager.
The Health and Safety Manager will play a key role in crafting, executing, fostering collaboration, and supervising health and safety initiatives, policies, and protocols. The aim is to ensure adherence to MSHA regulations and cultivate a safety-centric culture across the organization. Responsibilities include carrying out safety audits, delivering employee training, investigating incidents, and working closely with diverse stakeholders to enhance overall safety performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all facets of safety, health, and training, including supervision, quality control, and technical support.
- Directly supervise occupational health and safety, covering safety personnel, workers’ compensation, industrial hygiene, and emergency response training.
- Develop, implement, and manage Emergency Response Training, encompassing Surface, Underground, Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training, High and Low Angle Ropes Rescue, Trench Rescue, FF1 and FF2 training, etc.
- Manage all necessary H&S training for safety personnel, managers, employees, and contractors, maintaining records for annual MSHA refresher and new hire training.
- Take charge of site-wide security and training, including MSHA and new hire orientation, program enhancement, standards, site directives, and operational procedures.
- Conduct routine safety inspections to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and corporate policy.
- Direct the review and development of remedial measures to control or eliminate safety and health hazards.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor safety trends and studies, identifying and addressing hazards/risks and controls affecting workers.
- Communicate effectively with operations and management, supporting the development of effective safety, occupational health, training, and security programs.
- Develop and train on emergency preparedness plans, providing specific guidance for plan implementation.
- Establish annual and long-range safety, health, training, and security goals, objectives, action plans, and budget.
- Conduct talent reviews for site safety staff, overseeing professional training and career development programs.
- Lead efforts to reduce safety violations by conducting inspections and informing management of regulatory exceptions.
- Develop and implement world-class Health and Safety policies, procedures, hazard assessments, and corrective actions to minimize risk and maintain compliance.
- Prevent the recurrence of specific personal injury accidents through thorough investigations and recommendations for prevention.
- Support the site safety culture through leadership, regular engagement, and holding the workforce accountable for safe practices.
- Conduct, lead, or supervise incident investigations and analyses to determine root causes and develop effective corrective actions.
- Facilitate ongoing health and safety meetings and risk reviews as required.
- Coordinate with MSHA and State Inspectors for timely correction of cited violations or findings.
- Ensure employee compliance with audiograms, fit testing, and noise sampling as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Safety, Occupational Health, or a related field is a prerequisite, or an equivalent of 10 years’ experience in the field.
- A minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in the mining industry, encompassing surface, underground, and/or mine process, is mandatory.
- Demonstrated strong health and safety practices, including familiarity with and adherence to NFPA and MSHA standards for both underground and surface metal/non-metal operations, is required.
- Technical Rescue Training is a necessary qualification.
- Preferred qualifications include a CSP (Certified Safety Professional) designation and mine rescue experience.
- Strongly preferred experience and expertise in industrial hygiene management.
- Essential to the role is experience in behavior-based safety practices.
- Proficient in fostering teamwork, collaboration, and interaction with individuals and groups, including employees and contractor partners, utilizing a strong ability to influence for desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, capable of instilling and maintaining a safety culture.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, making sound decisions based on data and risk assessments.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, coupled with active listening abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for effective training and influence across all organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enabling collaboration with internal employees and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
- Initiative-driven and capable of working independently in a results-oriented environment.
- Flexible schedule adaptability to meet the role’s needs within the organization.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.