Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with a key client is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their mining operation in East Africa. We are actively recruiting an experienced Engineering Manager for the process plant, who will be responsible for ensuring that all activities in the Engineering department are planned effectively and in line with company standards.
The role is an Engineering Manager, who will take ownership of the organization’s Asset Management department and associated departments, with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Comply to all legislation focusing on employee and environmental safety.
- Accountable for developing, coaching, mentoring, and leading a high-performance team.
- Life of mine planning for all departments within asset management.
- Accountable for delivering plant uptime, production, and product quality goals and targets.
- Assure delivery on maintenance shutdowns, turnarounds and projects goals and targets.
- Assure implementation of Asset Management business processes and strategies.
- Assure implementation of LEAN Manufacturing goals and continuous improvement plans.
- Contractor, supplier, vendor management.
- Assure delivery on technical risk mitigation actions and production continuity plans.
- Accountable for production, maintenance, and capital budgets.
- BSc/BTech in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency Mine or similar international Certification.
- Experience working on multiple sites essential.
- Previous expat experience working in Africa is essential, with remote site environment being highly advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior level in open pit mining or heavy industrial plant environment. 4-5 years must be at a Senior Management level.
- Experience in Asset Management tactics, strategies, and best practice business processes.
- Well-developed leadership and management skills in leading high-performance teams.
- Must have a strong focus on LEAN manufacturing best practices.
- Attention to detail and proven ability to work under pressure.
- High level of computer literacy
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.