Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with their client in Vancouver, Canada is in search of a Director of Reserves & Mine Planning.
The Director of Reserves & Mine Planning holds a crucial leadership position within the Technical Services team. This role carries responsibility for Mineral Reserve estimation and the execution of technical assurance procedures for long-term mine planning across various assets. The Director plays a leading role in shaping and implementing standards, guidelines, best practices, and ensuring uniformity in mine planning processes throughout our projects and operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the designated Qualified Person (QP) for the company’s Mineral Reserves statements and public disclosures.
- Foster the development and ongoing improvement of QP knowledge at various sites, ensuring compliance with the latest regulatory requirements for Mineral Reserves estimation and disclosure.
- Lead initiatives aimed at enhancing processes and optimizing performance at the company’s existing mine sites.
- Undertake due diligence and evaluation specific to mining for exploration, joint ventures, mergers, or acquisition growth opportunities.
- Provide high-level mining advice and expertise to the company’s executive and operational management.
- Offer support for various stages of mining projects, from studies and evaluations to design, construction, commissioning, and operation.
- Mentor and nurture the professional development of current mining personnel in operational, project, and technical roles.
- Conduct peer reviews and audits of current mining activities, systems, and major capital projects.
- Identify and evaluate new planning tools and methods suitable for both underground and open-pit mining, and implement them as relevant.
- Promote a commitment to safety by design and environmentally responsible and sustainable mining practices.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 20 years of cumulative experience in mine engineering and operations, with a significant focus on hard rock base/precious metals mines.
- Hold a B.Sc. in Mining Engineering or equivalent, with a preference for an advanced degree.
- Demonstrated leadership in senior mine management roles, with additional desirability for experience in leading a Technical Services team on-site.
- Eligible for nomination or recognized as a Qualified Person under NI 43-101 for Mineral Reserves.
- Profound understanding of Mineral Reserve estimation principles, in compliance with NI 43-101 and CIM guidelines.
- Proficiency in mine planning, design, economic analysis, and a comprehensive grasp of life of mine, 5-year, and budget planning processes.
- Extensive experience with and in-depth knowledge of mine planning software principles (e.g., Deswik, Vulcan, Minesight).
- A track record of conducting M&A due diligence and project evaluations, spanning scoping through operational stages.
- Competence in exploration methods and Mineral Resource estimation.
- International work experience is preferred, and experience with operations start-up in remote locations is desirable.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective communication with peers, Project Managers, Mine/Technical Service Managers, Chief Engineers, and investment partner representatives.
- Proficiency in technical writing, group presentation skills, and interpersonal abilities, including a high degree of cultural sensitivity.
- Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Swedish is a valuable asset.
- Uphold Performance – Maintain accountability across all levels to deliver high-quality outcomes.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.