Website Globe 24-7
Country Business Manager
Our client is an international consulting firm with over 30 years of experience in implementing asset management, operational process and models, technologies to the mining sector.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced candidate to support the shaft-sinking team in Brazil. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up the company in the country and ensuring that it runs optimally. They will manage all day-to-day business and tax matters on behalf of the group in Brazil, assist with facilitating the movement of equipment into and out of Brazil, as well as general business and operations management and control.
They will be the company’s “go-to” person in Brazil.
General tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Tax, Payroll and Company registration compliance: Legal compliance, implementation, and management of business systems.
- Custom & Excise: Assist with the management of importing and repatriation of equipment.
- In-country recruitment and staff management.
- Financial Management (accounting) and planning (including monthly accounts, AFS’s, all taxes including payroll taxes, liaison with local tax and statutory authorities).
- Supplier management and liaison.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Recognized Business Management qualification.
- Understanding of the Brazilian tax rules and the implementation thereof.
- Fluent in English, as well as Brazilian Portuguese.
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role and proven performance in the above Key Responsibilities.
- Significant experience in the Finance, Operations and HR fields.
- Local Brazilian resident or having spent an extended period in Brazil.
- Experience working in the mining industry would be an advantage.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document