Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with their client in British Columbia, Canada is in search of a Contract Superintendent for their Mining Project in Central BC.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an entrepreneurial organization with strong financials and depth of experience that is focused on technical excellence without the bureaucracy of larger firms. This role requires someone with greenfield construction experience, excellent leadership and organizational skills. EPC & Mining Contract Superintendent will report to the Director, Project Development, with functional accountability to the Supply Chain Manager.
This is a fly-in fly-out position working on a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off rotation.
Reporting into the Director, Project Development, responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Commercially manage all construction & mining contracts, including Minerals Processing Facility EPC, Transmission line EPC, mining equipment supply & associated mining services contracts.
- Provide support to Head of Construction and Mining as required for periodic reporting.
- Introduce effective and fit for purpose management systems, commercial procedures, and systems of work to ensure standards & performance of the contracts are efficient, productive & in line with global best practices.
- Management and co-ordination of all commercial aspects with construction and project work, ensuring timely completion of project development and transition to steady state production mining activities.
- EPC Contract close out reporting.
Qualifications / Education:
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related field, or a combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role on major capital projects (>$250M)
- Team player with a service-delivery focus, good business acumen, ability to adapt to change in a growing company.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks to meet both internal and external deadlines.
- Strong understanding of legal and contractual language
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines while producing high quality, error-free content
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to travel.
- Experience with cold weather operations an asset.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. This is a full-time, fixed-term contract till December 2024.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.