Website Globe 24-7
Globe 24-7 in partnership with a key client is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their mining operation in Africa. We are actively recruiting a well experienced Chemical Engineer to prepare process equipment data sheets, including technical details.
The role is for a Chemical Engineer who will design flowsheets for each unique ore or feedstock, optimizing the business case for implementation.
- Perform and provide process design for plant modifications and capital projects, comprising engineering deliverables such as process design basis, process design calculations, process datasheets, PFDs, flow sheets with mass and energy balances.
- Process engineering calculations including hydraulic calculations, P&IDs, equipment sizing and other process deliverables
- Ensure process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent.
- Participate in HAZOPS
- Prepare capital and operating cost estimates.
- Plant commissioning for metals and rare earths.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering from a recognised institute.
- 5-7 years’ experience Process experience in either an engineering contracting environment or consultancy organizations in the metallurgical industry.
- Experience in process design development form feasibility study to detailed engineering.
- Previous experience in brownfield environment is essential.
- Experience in the design and operation of hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgy processes for metals, including operational experience.
- Process simulation software simulation software (METSIM, SysCAD, IDEAS)
- Experience in process improvements and process design, in chemical, petrochemical or metallurgical operations.
- English is essential, ability to speak other languages a huge advantage.
- Opportunity to travel internationally.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.