Website Globe 24-7
Area Manager Maintenance
Globe 24-7 in partnership with a key client is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their mining operation in Africa. We are actively recruiting an experienced Area Manager – Maintenance to manage the maintenance schedules with their own team in conjunction with other technical staff, then monitor and action corrective steps against negative variances.
The role is an Area Manager Maintenance who will ensure maintenance teams have systems in place to as best as possible, guarantee high equipment availability.
- Liaise closely with planning staff to ensure the Maintenance schedules can be met in a practical manner.
- Coordinate meetings with Department Managers to maintain alignment for maintenance improvement priorities within a dynamic operational environment.
- Promote and develop the skills and confidence of subordinates
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders to develop maintenance scope, design or concept reviews, obtain approval of recommendations and sign off to proceed.
- Encourage and facilitate effective and supportive communication between all team members and related departments
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification is required.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in Mining (or heavy engineering and construction) industry with exposure to international projects.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mineral sands operations and Supervisory position role.
- Demonstrates strong conceptual skills and capacity to develop lateral and practical solutions.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of equipment relating to the mineral sands process.
- Experience of working effectively in a multicultural management team environment.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks.
- Possesses strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team / local talent
- Bilingual, English and French required.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.