Globe 24-7 in partnership with Newcrest Mining, is working together to source experienced and qualified talent to join their Mining Team at their Lihir Gold Operations (LGO). The Company
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem-solving. The Role
We are seeking a Superintendent – Transport
to lead, monitor and control the end to end operational activities associated with the movement of people into and out of Lihir island through the provision of safe, sustainable and cost-effective land and marine transportation, airport operations, and logistics activities.
The successful candidate will be a mature management professional with a broad range of experience in a similar role, outstanding leadership skills and a proven ability to effect change in a challenging and diverse environment.
Reporting to the Head of Non-Process Infrastructure & Operational Services and with a number of direct reports you will oversee a large and varied contractor workforce. You will be responsible for:
- Driving and influencing proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible, hands on leadership.
- Delivery of the safe operation of accountable assets including:
→International airport, including customs operations
→Marine (people) transport
Qualifications Skills & Experience
- Managing delivery of activities through contracting partners, ensuring compliance with Newcrest standards of people management, safety, health, and environment and ensuring delivery of contract commitments with respect to volume and cost
- Delivery of approved budget through effective variance management and escalation, and identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement to effect long term success
- Boosting productivity to ensure a high level of service quality and delivery
- Trade or equivalent certification in a relevant field is essential
- Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment and Training or similar advantageous
- 10+ years relevant work experience essential in comparative leadership roles
- Previous experience working in a remote location in a developing country advantageous
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence varied stakeholders with competing priorities
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and SAP
- Competent planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously under significant pressure
- Very good attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- Must be willing to reside residentially on Lihir
- Ability to provide/obtain valid police clearance
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.