Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir’s mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking an experienced Technician - Mechanical for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Supervisor – Mechanical Tanks & Tails, you will be required to perform various mechanical repairs & maintenance activities common to a process plant operation and associated with Process Plant Tanks & Tails Area
The role will have responsibility to:
• Performs maintenance in the field on fixed plant equipment, structures and components of the processing facility, and writes reports detailing work performed and problems found.
• Effectively communicates day-to-day maintenance issues with the supervisor and with other sections and work groups by providing updates of relevant issues and seeking information or input as required to define maintenance priorities and develop effective working relationships.
• Escalates any issues, delays or roadblocks impacting ability to execute tasks.
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections on plant equipment as directed.
• Ensures equipment within area of responsibility are kept in good working order.
• Mechanical trade qualification essential.
• 3-5 years post trade work experience essential in mining (preferably Gold Mining) and or heavy industry essential.
• Minimum level of Grade 10 education essential.
• Demonstrated experience performing maintenance on heavy fixed plant equipment.
• PNG Driver's Licence - Class 6 essential.
• Good verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
• High attention to detail with good time management skills.
• Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution.
• Truck license, forklift and HIAB tickets (highly desirable).
• Any previous mechanical experience within mining (highly desirable).
• Confined space, working at heights tickets (desirable).
• Computer proficiency in SAP & MS Office suite desirable.
• Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
• Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.