Head Construction Plant Projects
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Head Construction Plant Projects to lead and manage the on-site construction & material control team and contractors. The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. The Role
The Head Construction Plant Projects will oversee all project coordinators and material and QAQC coordinators in managing their day to day works, including their personal and professional developments. The Responsibilities
- Ensure that all site and government safety, health and environmental procedures and standards are followed by personnel and subcontractors.
- Maintain close collaboration with the HSE department to ensure all department workers are trained in safety and environment matters.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the client’s needs through a close relationship with the Area Superintendents, managers or any other direct or indirect client to the Project, especially during field construction activities.
- Review and become familiar with the schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to these.
- Participate in resource allocations and assignments during project resource assignment session.
- Provide supports and inputs to Project Engineers and Superintendents related to constructability and resource estimates.
- Manage team workload effectively - ensure workload is well balanced and clearly understood across the team, including coverage for back-to-back for rotational personnel.
- Manage expectations – ensure that clear and achievable timelines are provided to the subordinates and the clients.
- Manage relationships effectively – partnerships with outside service providers are managed productively yielding strong synergies and successful outcomes.
- Implement strong performance management tools to ensure individuals understand the deliverables and timelines they need to deliver.
- Ensure a rigorous Management of Change Process is adhered to and that all changes are captured, approved, and executed to Ambatovy standards.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and coaching, leading to the growth and development of department employees.
- Responsible for the hiring, development, and training of all personnel under his/her section to ensure that the team abilities and resources are maintained.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, preference given to candidates with complementary training in construction management.
- Approximately 10 years of construction management/supervision/superintendent experience in complex chemical, hydrometallurgical projects, or refineries.
- Experience with structure, piping, steelworks essential.
- Strong contractor management skills essential.
- In-depth understanding of construction operations and processes.
- Experience in operations in developing countries is an asset.
- Background in management of change and risk assessment.
- A strong background in construction management and the supervision of technical personnel and construction personnel.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement and a proven record of mentoring and development of personnel are essential.
- Familiarity with CAD Software with strong ability to ready and interpret construction drawings.
- Proficiency in MS Office including MS Project.
- Bilingual English and French essential.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.