General supervisor planning
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced General supervisor planning who will be required to influence the management of tools and practices of a motivated team to enable the attainment of a highly reliable and safe plant environment with a level of availability acceptable to stakeholders.
By focusing on process and procedure optimization and adherence, the role will directly lead to major production improvement and cost savings.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to ensure the appropriate work management processes and procedures are in place and adhere and all work is consistently planned, prepared, scheduled, executed, evaluated and recorded.Responsibilities
- Effectively collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure timely planning, resourcing (services & material kitting) and scheduling of planned work
- Assist with developing/optimizing of Work Management processes and procedures.
- Highlight Work Management process and procedure non-adherence and escalate process and procedure non-adherence to relevant organizational levels.
- Identify and design EAM improvement opportunities in conjunction with EAM Administrator that will ensure an optimised Work Management process
- Support the Supervisors of Planning and Material Coordination in the coaching effort to ensure all work is consistently planned, prepared, scheduled, executed, evaluated and recorded. The goal is to improve equipment availability, and therefore production capacity, whilst decreasing maintenance costs.
- Develop a safety focused high performance team aligning asset management plan and operation strategies with focus competency development and succession development of Malagasy Nationals.
- Report maintenance KPIs and metrics
- Escalate underperforming maintenance KPIs and metrics to the relevant organizational levels.
- Ensure that department KPI’s for work flow management are met through proper management of work backlog and correct prioritizing of work
- Diploma/Trade qualification in appropriate engineering discipline essential
- A working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS such as EAM, SAP, Ellipse or similar) and material management systems
- Detailed and thorough knowledge of production equipment and control systems in process industry
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and maintenance work processes, performances measures, scheduling tools and techniques
- Good knowledge of P&ID drawings
- Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and total productive maintenance (TPM) principles, techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of all safety aspects of mechanical and electrical facilities within an industrial setting
- 15 years’ maintenance work related experience with a min 10 years’ progressive experience in the field of maintenance planning and scheduling
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory, or leadership experience with demonstrated ability in multi-team coordination and problem solving.
- Experience in similar industrial environment
- Demonstrated strong ability to take initiative, work autonomously and to structure and develop an organization.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on optimization and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated technical leadership to have developed and implemented RCM based maintenance strategies in a continuously operating process industry.
- Demonstrated management capability to lead a multi-level and multi-cultural team.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills in remote areas.
- Ability to lead meetings and communicate objectives.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills. French a definite plus.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.