A great opportunity for an experienced Exploration Geologist to join a dynamic global mining company and participate in its growth. OVERVIEW
Globe 24-7 in partnership with our client, is working together to source experienced and qualified Exploration Geologists for their Toronto office with travel to site as required. THE COMPANY
Our client is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production, and marketing of base and precious metals. THE ROLE
Directs execution of company’s exploration activities to create value by selecting and adding prospective projects to the company’s portfolio of growth opportunities while providing technical expertise to existing exploration projects at company’s business units.
The successful candidate will have a strong background and proven track records in exploring for copper in a wide range of geological environment with a strong emphasis on porphyry copper deposits. THE RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the VP, Exploration and Geology, the succesful candidate will:
- Keep exploration pipeline up to date establishing technical merits of all of company’s projects.
- Seek, evaluate, and recommend new exploration opportunities
- Investigate, develop, and prioritize the use of innovative tools, processes and or theories to increase chance of exploration success and or efficiency.
- Ensure compliance of all relevant management policies, procedures, and controls across the exploration function to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance, responsible environmental attitude and conformance and respect with stakeholders in areas of impact and or activity.
- Participate in evaluation with Technical Services and Corporate development of potential M&A targets
- Provide guidance training and mentoring to identify talent for development in geology and exploration
- Contribute to technical projects with geological aspects (e.g., geological modelling, data base validation, project evaluation).
Experience needed to perform job accountabilities well:
- Experience managing drill programs on the ground is required
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Experience working on an active mine site
- Experience in South America an advantage
- Management experience an advantage
Knowledge & skills needed to perform job accountabilities well:
- Applied knowledge with porphyry copper deposits
- Applied knowledge with VMS deposits an advantage
Qualifications needed to perform job accountabilities well:
- Professional Geologist designation
- Postgraduate qualifications in Geology required, PhD preferred
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. CONTACT US
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.