Communications & Public Relations Manager
A great opportunity for an experienced communications, public and media relations and image/branding Professional to join a dynamic natural resource company, focused on advancing the Cerro Blanco project, a near surface high grade gold deposit in Guatemala. The Company
Entre Mares de Guatemala is a values-based organization committed to investing in people and local communities, operating in a safe and sustainable manner utilizing innovation and respecting the environment. The purpose of the Role
Under the strategic guidance of the Bluestone Exco and Entre Mares senior leadership, lead the communications program for Entre Mares, including but not limited to developing and implementing the communications strategic plan, branding, key messages and content development, production of materials, media relations and social media management and communications training.Key areas of responsibility:
- Review and update, in coordination with the executive team, the corporate communications policy to ensure it aligns with the Company’s local engagement strategy.
- Development and implementation of the Company’s Strategic Annual External and Internal Communications Plan for the strengthening of EMG’s corporate image and reputation as well as maintaining the social licence to operate. This includes developing communications to:
- influence beliefs/perceptions with focus on public opinion to protect and promote the reputation of the organization
- influence beliefs/perceptions with focus on government policy and legislative direction to improve the organization’s regulatory and economic environments
- promote the organization’s image in a positive way to the local communities in which the company operates.
- Collaborating with EXCO, GM and senior leadership of each functional area to deliver consistent messaging in the most appropriate manner and format for each location.
- In charge of creating the following areas, including writing messages: external and internal communications, internet, intranet, social media, columns, articles, blogs, publications, talking points, speeches, videos, presentations, employee recognition, training, graphic design, and other supporting materials.
- Effective administration of various external agencies/consultants.
- Participation in crisis and risk management and from the communications role.
- Participation in the development of the Company’s sustainability report.
- Focus on the fulfilment of Communications Strategy and Communications Guidelines.
- Maintain positive relations with stakeholders linked to the communication, corporate, and government areas.
- Accompany and advise internal and external spokespersons.
- Manage public relations, branding, publicity, advertising, and corporate branding at events, fairs, media, and others.
- Development and implementation of internal and external corporate events.
- Responsible for budget administration of the department.
Qualifications and experience:
- Accredited four (4) year degree in journalism or public relations
- Ten (10) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience.
- 5+ years strong writing and editing background for internal, external, and social media. Ability to tell a story and distil complicated information into interesting and easy-to-understand message.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of technology-based communications (Internet/intranet, social media, video, podcasts and other vehicles and their use as part of a strategic communication plan)
- Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, vendors, contractors, and government officials
- Work-related experience, preferably in a mining/natural resources company or engineering and construction company.
- Knowledge of global company communications procedures and programs
- Proven ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Understanding of key business financials and business strategies
- Team player - ability to influence
- Proven efficiency in project and time management self-starter with ability to manage own workload
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to remain positive and calm under pressure
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Ability to relocate to Guatemala/be based on-site in Asuncion Mita few days a week or as required.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document