Director, Climate Change
A great opportunity for an experienced Climate Change professional to join a dynamic non-profit organization that supports Natural Resources companies around the world to improve ESG practices. Overview
Globe 24-7, in partnership with our client, is working to source experienced and qualified talent for their international team. The Company
Our client is a Canadian Foundation that supports a group of companies to improve their Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) performance and develop strategic community investments to maximize economic and social benefits to communities. It serves as a central hub that connects a vast pool of global experience and knowledge, to effectively respond to emerging ESG trends within the industry. Since its establishment, the Company has disbursed more than 72.6M USD into initiatives that enable local employment, nurture small business growth and support financially viable social and environmental solutions. The Role
The purpose of the role is to support the Foundation and associated Group of Companies in developing strategies and investment programs related to climate change. The Responsibilities: Climate Change Services:
Knowledge Sharing, Capacity Building, and Awareness Raising:
- Provide climate change services to the associated Group of companies to develop climate change strategies, carbon reduction and offset approaches, target setting, and communication.
- Align reporting and disclosures with reporting frameworks, such as the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, and reporting standards including GRI and SASB
- Act as a conduit for sharing knowledge, tools, and resources related to climate change
- Synthesis emerging climate-related trends, policy and regulation, technologies and developments for corporate partners
- Develop and deliver presentations and workshops for management teams to improve the understanding of climate-related impacts and mitigation strategies across the businesses.
The Requirements: Personal Attributes:
- Develop a business case for bespoke carbon off-set projects.
- Assess the viability of leveraging community investment projects to support nature-based solutions with community partners.
- Investigate partnerships and third-party funding opportunities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Ability to influence others and build consensus
- Ability to adapt knowledge to stakeholder needs and context
- Ability to cope with complexity and uncertainty
- Analytical and data-driven
- Agile and action-oriented
- Strategic: always sees the bigger picture
- Climate change specific:
- Technical expertise
- Financial analysis
- Policy and regulatory requirements
- Reporting frameworks and standards
- Rating agencies
- Stakeholder pressures (lenders, investors, suppliers, consumers)
- Extractives industry and phases of project development
- Impact investment experience is a plus
*Please, be advised that this is a remote position suitable for a person with the ability to travel internationally as required. The Rewards:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Contact us:
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.