Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Manager Training to manage the Ambatovy technical learning centre and to drive and implement the technical and non-technical learning and development strategy, programs, and initiatives to ensure solutions meet business needs as well as align with the Company strategy.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Director HR and is responsible to ensure high quality training standards are established and maintained; recommend continuous improvement ideas and work with management on developing implementation of training plans. They will take personal responsibility for service excellence, sustainability, and safe working practices.
The Training Manager looks after several training topics such as mining, process, maintenance and learning management systems including specific trainings (critical, compliance, health and safety, etc.). A key objective of this role is to ensure that the right assessment is in place and comprehensive curricula are developed to allow effective knowledge transfer to Malagasy employees.
In addition, through their permanent coaching and management, this role organizes the knowledge transfer to Malagasy team members to develop their qualifications and skills within the Ambatovy organisation.The Responsibilities
- Work with the organisation to understand training and development needs to support Company strategy.
- Understand the specific jobs within the company and propose proper assessment and development programs.
- Manage the Ambatovy training center and its staff to offer appropriate training curricula to allow the development of the national staff.
- Analyse training needs to develop training programs and improve existing programs.
- Plan, design, develop and implement trades training development processes and initiatives.
- Ensure effective and consistent communication with Managers, peers, and internal clients. Develop and cultivate partnership with all divisions of the business.
- Standardize and simplify work procedures where appropriate.
- Lead programs to support organizational capability-building focusing specifically on:
- Technical and Trades skills training initiatives and systems.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of training programs. Analyse and report of KPIs for continuous improvement.
- Maintain continuous engagement of key stakeholders to support Organisational capability development initiatives.
- Ensure the right level of skills of his/her trainers within his/her department (technical and soft skills) to perform training.
- University Degree, ideally in Engineering or similar.
- Qualification as a Technical Trainer.
- 10 years working as a Manager or Head of a Technical Training College / Vocational Centre.
- 10 years of experience in a Senior Capacity in a technical role within a similar organisation (Mining / Oil & Gas / Heavy Industry).
- International experience obtained via a foreign assignment (Africa or developing country preferred).
- Experience in diversified team management and administration.
- Experience in talent management.
- Experience in training and development including development of curricula.
- Experience in managing a large team.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal.
- Fluency in French will be an asset.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. This role is offered on a residential basis.