Corporate Mine Engineer
A great opportunity for an experienced Mine Engineer to join a dynamic natural resource company, extend his/her expertise and participate in the company’s growth. Overview
Globe 24-7, in partnership with the client, is working to source experienced and qualified talent for their office in Toronto or Montreal. The Company
Our client is one of the world’s largest globally diversified natural resource companies, and a major producer and marketer of more than 90 commodities. Their operations comprise around 150 mining and metallurgical sites, oil production assets, and agricultural facilities – supported by a network of more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries. The Role
The purpose of the role is to provide direct input and participate in mining studies (PEA/PFS/FS), evaluation, specification, design, and operation. The Responsibilities:
- Develop internal mine plans and schedules for conceptual studies to justify project position and advancement.
- Conduct and design trade-off studies to optimise and increase project value.
- Management of consultant’s scope of work and provide the technical review.
- Prepare budgets, track finances, and produce the update reports.
- Preparation of project management plans, coordination, and scheduling of project activities.
- Provide broad high-level mining advice and support in areas of projects, planning, budgets, annual reserves reporting.
- Additional responsibilities will vary depending on experience.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong technical and planning background in underground base metal mine planning and optimisation
- Experience working on multiple mining projects with different mining methods, access options, material movement systems
- Experiences with Deswik products (CAD and schedule) or similar products with the willingness to learn
- Experience with Microsoft Projects
- Familiar with mine financial modelling and developing first principle cost models – experience with Xeras would be considered an asset
- Strong understanding of the mining sector with experience various levels of mining studies (PEA/PFS/FS)
- A strategic thinker capable of establishing a mining plan with consideration of all discipline interactions during project start-up and commencement.
- Previous experience working for a professional services company/consulting office/mining company in a similar role.
- Demonstrated technical skills and, ideally, advanced educational credentials. A professional designation would be an asset.
- Passionate about their career and growth in the mining industry.
- University degree in mine engineering with professional experience, in progressively senior positions, with experience in a similar corporate role or for a professional services / consulting firm
- Has experience on the owner and consulting side of a project.
- Has excellent communication skills and can work well in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability and experience to identify work that needs to be done.
- Ability to set priorities and deliver results in situations with significant ambiguity.
- Willingness to travel internationally and work with different time zones (up to 15% of time)
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Contact us:
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.