MANAGER COMMUNITY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Manager CSR is responsible for setting the CSR strategy for Ambatovy; aligning the team; ensuring a good relationship with local communities; and implementing initiatives. The scope of the role is across three sites, the Plant & Tailings, Mine and along 220km Pipeline, in 2 regions.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the VP Sustainability and key is developing and implementing social impact mitigation and community engagement plans and soliciting buy-in from operations, critical to the successful implementation of mitigations. The Manager also plays a key role in supporting delivery of local social investment initiatives/ programmes that are aligned with Ambatovy’s objectives. The Manager, CSR also has a pivotal role in ongoing community and local issues management, particularly with respect to local stakeholders.The Responsibilities
- Develop, review and refine a multi-year strategic CSR plan, including Industrial Community Risk Management, and the associated budget.
- Liaise with regional official bodies and the local community on social and economic issues, assist and advise Senior
- Oversee compliance and contribute to the development and implementation of KPIs compliant with Ambatovy’s Social Engagement Plan, Global Reporting Initiative and IFC Performance Standards across the organization for internal and external reporting
- Maintain and enhance the Grievance Mechanism System.
- With the assistance of the VP and superintendents, act as the centre of expertise on all issues related to social policies and community development.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications manager, the External relations manager and Environmental manager to ensure a coordinated approach to issues, as well as with other departments when necessary.
- With the assistance of Technical Services, manage and bring to a successful conclusion all the remaining projects financed by Ambatovy under the Social Investment Fund and prepare for a possible follow-up fund.
- Manage and enhance the CSR team. This will be achieved through a combination of coaching & feedback, training & education
- Commission and conduct relevant CSR audits, reviews, research, analysis and report production /presentation, providing relevant leadership, overseeing relevant fieldwork, and utilisation of results.
- University Degree, ideally in social sciences, international development or external relations
- 10 years of experience in sustainability-related activities, out of which preferably 5 in a mining environment
- People oriented, adaptable, resilient, able to work in a complex environment
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills, as well as bilingual in French and English
- Strong people management skills, demonstrated successful application of HSE practices in the workplace
- Extensive experience demonstrated in establishing and operating in complex community environments
- Hands on experience in community relations in developing countries and exposure to working in diverse multi-cultural environments
- Familiarity with relevant international standards e.g. IFC Safeguards, Voluntary Principles, ISO14001, ISO26001, TSM, etc.
- Experience leading a multi-national work force to increase unit knowledge and develop local workforce.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Fluency in French will be an asset
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. This role is offered on a Residential basis.