GEOLOGIST A great fulltime job opportunity for a Geologist to join a dynamic global mining company and participate in its growth. The Company
Our client is a global base-metals mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. They have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source for this position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a track record in conducting similar searches. The Role
You are a geologist who brings solid technical knowledge, understanding and experience in underground geological, structural, and geotechnical mapping, with emphasis on ore grade control and minimizing dilution. As a technical expert within the operation, you will be accountable for geological core logging and sampling, geotechnical core logging, computerized data management, data QA/QC, updating geological interpretations with the latest geological information, and working with various stakeholders to update 3D geological models of the ore body. As a tech savvy individual, you enjoy seeking out new ways and technology to continuously improve the efficiency and safety of underground mining. Responsibilities
- Perform geological and structural mapping of underground areas with emphasis on ore grade control and dilution reduction.
- Chip sampling of development headings and collection of muck samples as required.
- Drill core & chip logging, geotechnical logging and sampling of drill core.
- Work with Core shed technician in the processing of drill core samples which includes: sample delivery and tracking; core cutting using rock saw; sample retention management; handling drill core within the core shack and storage yard.
- Assist in Labeling core boxes, measuring recovered core, and archiving drill core.
- Geological mapping of rock units, structures, alteration, etc.
- Prepare and update drill hole database, underground mapping and structural records.
- Integrate and interpret all geological data, assay and mineralogical data into geologic maps and internally consistent cross sections and level plans.
- Work with a team of geologists in the completion of computerized resource block models.
- Work with metallurgists to provide samples for processing, testing and evaluation.
- Field activities related to diamond drilling hole locations and access, which involves initial reconnaissance of specific areas, surveying of drill hole locations, and may involve the coordinating of the drill contractors or contractors related to site preparation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with fellow employees, contractors, and suppliers, and be the link between the geological, mine engineering operations group with a focus on safety and business priorities.
- Provide good crossover communications with mine operations group to ensure initiatives continue to progress while offsite.
- Take ownership of the underground mining performance and proactively support initiatives within the mine.
- Participates in HSE activities including safety meetings, risk assessments, and safety interactions.
This is a two (2) years contract, with potential for extension. This is an onsite position. The Rewards
- Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering. Post-secondary education would be an asset. Need to be qualified to work in Canada
- 1-3 year of experience working as a Mine Geologist; underground experience is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Deswik 3Dmodelling software and Microsoft Office.
- Proactive go-getter with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Analytical, thorough, data driven and accurate.
- Strong business acumen and possess sound and practical judgement.
- Team player who also works well independently.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organization and agile in adapting to the rapid evolution of industry and of technology.
- Valid Driver's License
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.