Globe24-7 in partnership with their client, are working together to source a Mine Planning Manager to work in their corporate office in Perth, Western Australia. The role
We are seeking a Mine Planning Manager
to work in the client’s corporate office in Perth, Western Australia. In this role you will ensure consistent mining engineering technical standards are developed and implemented across the Group and to provide mining engineering technical expertise and advice to support operations, exploration, growth & business development teams.
The role will involve:Technical Accountabilities:
- Driving safety leadership through nurturing a safe work culture, ensuring conditions for a safe work practices and demonstrating visual safety leadership.
- Ensuring all work compiles with relevant Company policy and statutory requirements including health and safety, environment and agreement with landowners/communities.
- Developing and maintaining Group standards for key mining engineering practices.
- Sharing best practices and driving continuous improvement for mining engineering.
- Providing mine engineering support to site General Managers and operational managers as directed.
- Reviewing and critiquing operational mine plans and identifying opportunities to improve production by identifying and removing production constraints and waste.
- Reviewing annual reserve preparation and manage the consolidation of ore reserve statements.
- Guiding, supporting and managing mining engineering design aspects for studies on greenfields and brownfields projects.
- Mentoring and developing engineering personnel, identifying and coordinating their development needs and manage the succession plan for engineers with the site management teams.
- Maintaining oversight on each assets Life of Province Plan ensuring the pipeline of organic opportunities is being developed and moved through into execution in alignment with corporate strategic objectives.
- Keeping abreast of new trends and technology in mine engineering to identify new opportunities to implement these into the business.
- Providing technical support to the exploration and business development teams.
- Managing the effective use of available resources in support of the development and delivery of Mining Engineering Standards and Technical Support
- Contributing to the development of capability within the Department.
- Building and developing an effective Department.
- Ensuring own work performance meets all role requirements; and taking appropriate professional development actions.
- Managing outputs and development of the Department and all Team Members.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- At least 15 years of experience in the mining industry with at least 7 years in onsite roles
- A strong demonstrated understanding of open pit and underground mining methods
- Previous experience managing mining engineering teams
- Demonstrated effective time management and prioritising skills, including the ability to make effective decisions
- Solid understanding of mining project economics
- Previous or current experience with Mine Planning software, such as Deswik
If you are seeking a role that provides the opportunity develop, support and guide various teams, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word Document.
If you have any questions or enquiries regarding the role, please feel free to reach out to Hannah Duffy on +61 413 601 891 or email@example.com