Globe24-7 in partnership with their client, are working together to source a Technical Services Manager to work on their mine site in Western Australia. The role
We are seeking a Technical Services Manager
to work on their mine site in Western Australia. Reporting to General Manager of the operations, you will develop comprehensive LOM plans and a deliver to plan to ensure the longevity of the client’s operations, by effectively managing business improvement, mine design, infrastructure and engineering projects for the client’s Operations.
The role will involve:Technical Accountabilities:
- Ensuring the health and safety of all personnel in the Technical Services Department at the client’s Operations.
- Ensuring there is a comprehensive suite of fit-for-purpose systems that drive efficiencies in the processes to deliver LOM, designs, and policies in the Technical Services Department, and operating properly.
- Designing and scheduling LOM plans for the operations with specific reference to:
- Mining methods;
- Ensuring good geological practices and a block models that reflect the sites geology and good grade forecasting.
- Designing and scheduling province plans for the site targeting nearby resources.
- Creating a system (pipeline) to develop targets to full feasibility.
- Creating and delivering Business plans for the site.
- Coordinating all site projects for mining and mine infrastructure. Ensuring projects and infrastructure are planned and implemented to budget in a timely manner and to an acceptable standard.
- Developing and managing all major capital project plans for mining and infrastructure associated.
- Auditing and evaluating mining practise for best in class practise.
- Custodian of the operations surrounding reserves.
- Implementing and leading Business Improvement across all disciplines at the site.
- Managing and driving Business Improvement projects to realisation of benefit
- Ensuring that the Technical Services Department develops effective plans for the operations that derive from the client’s strategic and business plans to realise maximum return on asset.
- Building and developing an effective Technical Services team.
- A degree qualification in a mining discipline
- 10 plus years’ experience in UG & Open Pit mines
- Strong understanding of statutory reporting requirements
- Strong leadership skills, including developing direct reports
- Strong financial analytical skills
- High energy with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to work effectively with people
- Well-developed QAQC skills, including experience in designing and implementing systems to warrant quality
- Ability to react quickly to arising issues
- Deswik skills
- A post-graduate degree qualification in mining
- Strong track record in business improvement
- Improvement training (e.g., 6 Sigma)
- Pronto ERP knowledge
If you are seeking a role that exposes you to challenge, please apply online before the advertised application closing date, preferably as a Microsoft Word Document.
If you have any questions or enquiries regarding the role, please feel free to reach out to Hannah Duffy on +61 413 601 891 or firstname.lastname@example.org