Superintendent Financial Reporting, Business Analysis & Long-Term Planning
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Superintendent financial reporting, Business Analysis & Long-Term Planning who will be required to oversees and manages Ambatovy’s external reporting requirements, financial reporting (Annual Financial Statements, Monthly Financial Statements to Shareholders and Senior Lenders), long term financial modelling and business analysis. The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to work closely with the Superintendent, Management Reporting & Short-Term Planning to ensure the Life of Mine model are aligned with the Balance Sheet model which includes the latest forecast or budget. The Life of Mine Model is critical for the long-term planning, tax planning, debt restructuring and impairment calculations. The position oversees the long-term financial view of the company, prepare the relevant presentations, provides analysis with explanations, and interacts with the relevant stakeholders and also external parties such as advisors.
The Superintendent, Financial Reporting, Business Analysis & Long-Term Planning has the following areas of responsibility:
- Maintaining and updating the Life of Mine financial model. Prepare and review relevant analysis and presentations on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provide input into quarterly management reporting, materials for the board and shareholders and other external parties.
- Responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of financial statements for external use. Ensure that the financial statements comply with the applicable professional standards and IFRS reporting guidelines.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and controls. Oversee monthly and consolidation entries.
- Supporting the adoption and maintenance of financial systems, including the ERP and reporting tools used by the Finance Department.
- Act as the core interface between Finance and other departments, the position will oversee the identification and understanding of business requirements and translate them into cost drivers and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Supervision of the financial budgeting and quarterly forecast tasks performed by the business analysts per their cost center area.
- Responsible for final presentation deck of budget/forecast for analysis and overall consistency.
- Contribute to the financial closing process by leading the consolidation aspect as well as by leading the team in the preparation of various reports, to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with the deadlines prescribed by Ambatovy’s stakeholders; including shareholders and lenders
- During the month end closing procedures, coordinate with various teams inside Finance department to ensure that month end can be closed. Part of the month end closing procedures is to ensure that elimination and “consolidation” entries are done.
- Review and reflect the correct capital cash costs.
- Oversee and review the monthly reporting requirements to the shareholders and adhere to the timelines provided.
- Oversee monthly reporting process, analysis and cost center meetings. Review the cost drivers and KPI’s developed with the cost center managers to identify spillage and also cost saving opportunities.
- During monthly finance closing, perform detailed financial analysis: analysis of main variances compared to both budget and forecasts for Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, provide explanations to Management.
- Review the monthly reconciliations performed by the business analysis team.
- Review the financial budgeting and forecasts provided by the cost centers, as required for the quarterly forecasts and the annual budget and five-year plan process. Ensure that stakeholders operate within their approved budgets.
- Ensure integrity of the budget and forecast presentations (including financial analysis) to Senior Management.
- Review and provide input into the external financial reporting requirements and compliance, including Board and Shareholders reporting packs, financial and other reporting obligations as required by the Common Terms Agreement (CTA) to the lenders.
- Update and maintain the Life of Mine financial model to ensure long- and medium-term financial decisions can be made.
- Review the Life of Mine financial model to ensure the information is accurate and verify the validity of the models. Ensure that the model align with other forecasts such as the short-term cash flows and Balance Sheet model.
- Liaise with external auditors and internal auditors regarding the impairment and the workings within the Life of Mine model. This may also include discussions with external parties regarding the workings of the Life of Mine model.
- Communicate with External Auditors on financial statements and accounting issues and assist in preparing supporting documents as required by the External Auditors.
- Address various ad hoc requests to provide additional information to stakeholders and third-party advisors. Some of the ad hoc request would include questions from the advisors on the debt restructuring and specific requests about the formulas within the LOM.
- Identify and understand the impact of new accounting standards issued by international standard-setting bodies. Apply and incorporate any new IFRS accounting standards for disclosure purposes in the Financial Statements.
- University degree (Bacc+4) in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- A professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA, CA, CMA) is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS, and the ability to interpret and apply these guidelines and ensure also the financial statements are compliant with IFRS.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and financial modeling.
- Solid working knowledge of software and database systems used in financial reporting.
- At least 10 years’ progressive experience within a mining or large industrial/manufacturing environment
- At least 3 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. French would be an asset.
- Financial reporting experience and must be detail orientated.
- Ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized and concise manner.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage large sets of data.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and working with complex financial models.
- Prior experience working in a developing country would be an asset with strong supervisory skills.
- Full integrity, rigor and constant search for quality and efficiency improvements.
- Proactive, easy to work with and highly reliable.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.