Specialist Inspection & Control
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Head of services who will be required to act as the expert on pressure and static equipment (vessels, piping, Tank) and on welding activities. Develop and valid inspection plan with the chief inspector and the third party. Develop and valid ITP and perform critical inspections. Develop repair procedure for static equipment as Tank & Vessels, review and approve repair packages as well.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to Participate in development of pressure equipment strategies required to respect applicable rules, codes, standards, and Malagasy regulations. This position interacts strongly with Operations, Technical Services, and maintenance execution departments. The Specialist Inspection & Control is a key member of the team dedicated to ensure that Ambatovy pressure equipment and welding activities are in line with the best practices and respect all applicable standards, codes, regulations.
The position ensures that Ambatovy is compliant to the Malagasy regulation requirements as well as international standards. He ensures that equipment are in good and safe condition to operate and achieve production objectives.Responsibilities
- Create, update, and validate Inspection Plan for static equipment (Tank, Pressure Vessel, Piping),
- Inspects critical static equipment in accordance with international standards in support of the inspection team.
- Accountable especially for none-statutory tank Inspection, repair, follow-up and inspection program
- Strongly support the Inspection supervisor for Inspection & Requalification program
- Develop inspection programs for tank, no statutory equipment and critical pipe.
- Coordination for tank and piping inspection
- Contractor coordination for specific inspection (Eddy Current, Acoustic Emission, AUT…)
- Analyze results of inspections to determine required maintenance intervention to prevent equipment failure and to optimize the overall equipment inspection programs.
- Provide analysis and plant support on pressure equipment and welding (vessels, tanks, safety valves, pipes, flanges etc.) inspection repair and alteration.
- Provide expert analysis and plant support for welding.
- Analyze results of critical inspections to determine required maintenance intervention to prevent equipment failure and to optimize the overall equipment inspection programs.
- Monitor changes to Mandatory Code Requirements and ensure these are built into our inspection programs for pressure equipment.
- In charge of the pressure equipment, Tank, Piping and welding Quality Control (ITP, Follow-up, WPS, PQR)
- Insure that pressure equipment quality control and welding quality control programs are developed and implemented
- Responsible of overseeing these two programs (Pressure equipment & Welding) and insure related personnel are properly trained and are qualified accordingly.
- Develops technical specifications for major repairs and significant modifications when it is required.
- Develop reviews or approves the Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) which are developed by the Maintenance welding specialist.
- Conducts a documented review of these programs periodically to ensure its continued suitability and effectiveness
- Reviews and approves critical technical reports provided by inspection staff and engineering support group
- Participate in defining, implementing and supporting maintenance & reliability processes, standards and templates.
- Support and train inspectors for API examination
- B.Sc. degree in Mechanical, Metallurgical, Welding engineering
- Or a Technical degree completed by extended specific work experience
- Certification from international organisms in welding such as IWE (International Welding Engineer) or equivalent such like Welding Technologist Certificate is required.
- Certification of National Board Inspection, API 510, 570, 653, 579 qualification requirements of “Owners Inspector” as defined in ASME B31 piping codes, or equivalent certifications by other
- +10 years’ overall experience in repair, alteration, construction, maintenance of pressure equipment and welded related activities
- +7 years’ experience in pressure equipment and welding in chemical, metallurgical or petrochemical industries
- Experience in Quality control program for Welding activities and pressure equipment
- Full knowledge of the international standards for pressure equipment and Tank such like (but not limited to) National Board, ASME, API, EN related codes is required.
- Knowledge on referencing construction code or ASME section IX standard is recommended, but optional.
- Fluent in English and French is a definite asset
- Prior experience in providing support for the operation of a similar plant would be an asset.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.