Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Process Engineer Carries out existing procedures and technical instructions without daily technical supervision and is authorized as competent within that area however requiring that the final output shall be checked/controlled by a Senior Engineer. The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. The Role
The Process Engineer Work closely with other engineers to identify, initiate, and implement process improvements that will contribute to the cost effectiveness, stability, process robustness and reliability of Plant operations. The Responsibilities
- Provide data analysis, design process control strategies, control limitations, update of cause-to-effect mapping for interlocks, design calculations, update PFDs and P&IDs, flow sheets with mass & heat balances, economic evaluations and justification of the projects, review of operating procedures.
- Ensure that HSE procedures are respected and integrated in any change within the Plant.
- Provide process design, general engineering services, design calculations as required.
- Review maintains and update Operations log sheets, interlock registers and process control sheets.
- Prepare and implement Pre-start Process Safety Reviews (PSSR) as required
- Develop chemical engineering and operating procedures consistent with Ambatovy Engineering/Operations practices.
- Prepare technical and economic assessments.
- Provide input to technical reports on issues related to process and/or process equipment issues.
- Perform heat and mass balances with the designing software as METSIM for various process of the Plant.
- Perform design calculations for pumping systems, agitators, piping, energy savings, instrumentation, etc.
- Perform outcome measuring following accurate design specifications and norms.
- Provide effective technical support to exploitation units.
- Monitor plant operations to ensure the process parameters are within the acceptable limits and that production capacity/quality is maintained. Follow up trends and KPIs to optimize.
- Ensure that all activities in the Projects group comply with and support ISO 9001 certification and potentially ISO 14001 requirements mainly within the Refinery.
- Degree in Chemical, Materials or Metallurgical engineering (extractive metallurgy)
- Accredited or eligible for accreditation as a Chartered/Professional Engineer (I.Chem.E., IOMMM, P.Eng, PE etc.)
- Minimum 3-7 years experience in one or more of these similar units is required: Natural Gas Processing, H2S and Sulphur, Cryogenic Air Separation, LNG, Sulphuric Acid, Hydrogen Plant (SMR) , Hydrotreater, Rotary Kiln, Steam and Power.
- Exposure to project management, implementation, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of extractive metallurgical operations including mineral processing, leaching, and refining is an asset.
- Analytical skills in process follow-up, measuring, data analysis and control strategies.
- Proficient with computer applications including Microsoft products and specialized packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in French and English is a definite asset.
- Training and development of local teams.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.