PRINCIPAL GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER A great opportunity for an experienced Geotechnical professional to join a dynamic global mining company and participate in its growth. OVERVIEW
Globe 24-7, in partnership with their client is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their Copper/gold operations in Northern British Columbia. THE COMPANY
Our clients are a global mining company and Australia’s largest gold producer owning and operating a portfolio of predominantly low cost, long life mines and a strong pipeline of Brownfields and Greenfields exploration projects. The company has recently expanded its footprint into North America operating its first operations in British Columbia. THE ROLE
Our client is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to support their ongoing open pit operations and development of underground project and ensure production and development targets are delivered safely. THE RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review geotechnical engineering advice to ensure that open pit mining operations and underground development are performed safely, and production and development targets are delivered.
- Regularly inspect and report on underground and open pit operations and ensure compliance with ground control recommendations and standards.
- Implement, review and update of the Ground Control Management Plan and the Slope Management Plan.
- Provide technical support and advice to planning and operational teams.
- Develop and implement a pit slope optimisation program with the intent of optimising pit slopes and ensuring safe operations
- Ensure that the required geotechnical data for open pit mining, underground development and underground studies is collected and appropriately stored.
- Undertake geotechnical monitoring and measurement using appropriate instrumentation.
- Partake in feasibility studies and manage geotechnical aspects of studies for the underground mine.
- Apply industry standard and leading practice methodologies to geotechnical assessments of open pit and underground.
- Ensure ground support is appropriate for the purpose and life of the development.
- Partake in Life of Asset Planning and provide geotechnical input to the plans.
- Set goals and coordinate the activities of the geotechnical team.
- Regularly communicate key risks and opportunities with site management.
You must have working rights in Canada to apply for this role. THE REWARDS
- BSc (minimum) in Geological or Geotechnical Engineering (or related)
- Minimum 15 years of combined experience in Open Pit and Underground ground support and design experience – Block Cave design and engineering is a preferred asset
- Experience in modelling ground conditions in both the open pit and block cave environments
- Proven experience managing engineering consultants.
- Proven experience delivering geotechnical components of mining studies through detailed design and risk analysis/mitigation
- Demonstrated safety leadership.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership if high performing teams.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. CONTACT US
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.