HEAD OF SHUTDOWN PLANNING
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Head of Shutdown Planning who will be coordinating all shutdown readiness activities across a defined Areas. This role will be involved in planning and readiness of business-critical shutdowns and ensure the plan is achieved through effective long terms plans and a successfully implemented shutdown management plan.The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to be responsible for the development of shutdown scopes, planning and scheduling of activities to ensure a realistic plan is developed before identified works adversely impact the Operation. To be responsible to plan, direct and organize the maintenance, project, engineering, and operational resources to complete planned shutdown activities while aligning to other operational requirements from operational areas. Responsibilities
- Set expectations, performance reviews, coaching and confronting conversations with all his personnel.
- Align with organizational requirement the performance management, leave management and training plans.
- Ensure all personnel issues such as discipline, sickness and accident and conflict are dealt with effectively and action plans are initiated and steward to completion.
- Ensure development plan is being carried out for every position in your team.
- Utilize Operational Excellence or Six Sigma tools to identify analyses, improve and control problems.
- Implement Readiness Tracker for each shutdown in order to monitor individual readiness performance as per defined timelines.
- Ensure shutdown scope list collected from all Stakeholders, and properly managed into Infor-EAM.
- Ensure that scope list is transformed into Work Order Packages properly developed as per Ambatovy Maintenance Manuals.
- Drive Integrated Schedule production for each shutdown, within a defined standard format and identify load charts for Resources.
- Define organizational structure for each Shutdown and ensure that each activity is properly aligned and understood to the defined maintenance execution required for safe and efficient delivery.
- Ensure overall coordination between all stakeholders with collecting/aligning individual roster schedule, detailed plan for each contractor, Mobile Equipment allocation, Scaffolding schedule, permits to be issued, logistic & catering aspects for each shutdown, specific tools required.
- Monitor Spare parts order, delivery, physical compliance, and storage once collected.
- Ensure progress on preliminary work prior to the shutdown are executed as per timing & quality expected.
- Lead regular risk analysis during overall readiness period.
- Ensure monitoring of the execution progress during shutdown period and ensure that schedule is regularly updated as per progress.
- Publish for each Shutdown, a report detailing technical, financial and lesson learning aspects.
- Manage shutdown costs and implement cost reduction and efficiency improvement projects Participate to all improvement projects identified as required to develop Shutdown Management.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5 to 10 years-experience in maintenance at a supervisory level.
- Experienced in contract administration and development.
- Familiarity in project management, and contract management.
- Maintenance experience along with reliability practices.
- Leadership and communication skills with focus on optimization and continuous improvement.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Collaborative attitude and service minded.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.