Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Head of Services who will be required to oversee the coordination of MM Services contractors (rubber lining, sandblast and painting, insulation, brick layers and tool cribs).The Company:
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role:
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to support and execute in the timely completion of all, breakdowns, unplanned activities while developing, implementing, and standardizing best practices and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Oversee all contractors on all breakdowns and upland works on and off site, keeping productivity, safety, and efficiency at the highest standard while keeping within their budgets.
- Support the Area Maintenance Superintendents to address breakdown and unplanned activities.
- Lead the coordination with shift teams, contractors and other service groups as well controlling the performance of contractors and vendors on site and collaborates with all department’s leaders.
- Accountable for the overall performance of general management and administrative activities for the execution major maintenance
- Assist in development of succession plans to promote the skill level of nationals through the organization as the organization continues to grow.
- As a service department be responsible for providing collaborative support to all business units and accountable for the quality of services provided as a support group.
- Accountable for meeting budget targets that are set in your area of responsibility, reporting, and developing short-term & mid-term strategic plans for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Planning teams to support planning/scheduling and resource loading.
- Responsible for leadership and the continuous adherence to, and improvement of team safety processes and activities to secure world class occupational health and safety performance.
- Prepare end of shift reports to ensure handover continuity.
- Applicable Engineering degree or relevant equivalent diploma and experience.
- Technical background with at least 10 – 15 years’ field experience.
- Strong familiarity with mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Strong familiarity with maintenance best practices.
- Sound understanding of working at heights and scaffolding.
- Management of a multidiscipline workforce with multiple customers.
- Excellent planning and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication and literacy skills.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us:
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.