Globe 24-7 has partnered with a junior mining company to support in the recruitment of a Senior/Chief Geologist to join their team as they bring a major mineral sands project into production. The Role
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the follow duties:
- Provide geological guidance to all areas of the business including mine planning and metallurgical processing
- Understanding of mineral sands deposits and the mineralogical characteristics as they relate to mining and processing will be highly regarded
- Lead all geological programs including exploration, project work, and mine geology
- Budgeting and management of operational improvement initiatives
- Build mine geology processes and procedures, including grade control practices, to support successful execution of mine ramp-up
- Leverage use of 3D mine planning software and the geological modelling of stratigraphic deposits
- Experience and management of mineral resource reporting requirements, mining reconciliation processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively interdisciplinary, ensure that all activities of the Geology Department are consistent with all Environmental, Health, and Safety practices
- Be familiar with and ensure compliance with relevant Mine Health and Safety legislature, rules and regulations
- Minimum 7-10 years in mining since graduation
- understanding of mineral sands deposits and the mineralogical characteristics as they relate to mining and processing will be highly regarded
- Have an understanding of mineral resource reporting requirements and mining reconciliation processes.
- Proficient with geology/mining software (Vulcan, Deswik, Surpac etc)
- Be competent with the use of 3D mine planning software and the geological modelling of stratigraphic deposits.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to engage with stakeholders at various levels.
- The desire to build and inspire a team in time.
- A positive can-do attitude with an open mind approach
- Significant knowledge in the Geological industry
- The ability to live residentially.
This role will offer a significant contribution to this exciting mineral sand project as it hits production. Being residentially based, the location has extremely impressive surroundings with a lot to offer individuals and families. If you are wanting to expand your experience and have the opportunity to be the expert in your field, please apply now. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.