LEAD PROCESS ENGINEER
Globe 24-7 is in search of a Lead Process Engineer for our clients; a multidisciplinary engineering company, to be based out of Toronto, ON. THE COMPANY
Our Client is a highly skilled multidisciplinary engineering company with services including site studies, design, procurement, cost control, program management, implementation, and commissioning predominately in the mining and utilities sector. THE POSITION
The Lead Process Engineer plays a key role in developing solutions in all areas of the process plant across various systems, unit operations and process equipment. It is expected that the Lead Process Engineer will develop the process engineering department within the company by growing the process team and developing the necessary process department infrastructure. Reporting to the various Project Managers, this position is primarily office based in Toronto. Travel can be expected on most projects and is highly dependent on the projects’ scope which may be up to 30% of the time. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the process and mechanical engineering development for various projects.
- Perform process engineering tasks on Hydrometallurgical aspects of projects, in a variety of commodities.
- Operate with full competence and independence in the execution of all design calculations, design criteria, in the compilation and execution of equipment lists and calculations.
- Develop new criteria/calculations where required, maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Actively engage with clients to understand project requirements
- Define the process design criteria and process block flow diagram and unit operations
- Compilation of Process Flow Diagrams, along with associated mass and energy balance calculations
- Undertake trade off studies to resolve options
- Identify, scope and manage process test work (on site or laboratory based)
- Conduct capacity analysis for existing plants
- Select the equipment for projects
- Carryout engineering design calculations and equipment sizing calculations
- Prepare specifications of process attributes for equipment, through compilation of process datasheets (or process input to general datasheets).
- Compilation of Process Description Design of the process control logic adhering to appropriate safety standards, and documentation into Functional Descriptions
- Display full competence and independence in the compilation of P&IDs and all levels of control philosophies.
- Ensure process specifications portray the appropriate information and design intent
- Process review of equipment bids
- Liaising with other discipline engineers to ensure designs conform to process requirements
- Contribute to hazard studies
- Compile operating cost estimates including estimation of consumables, labour, maintenance materials and power
- Provide input to capital cost estimates
- Prepare well written project reports
- Play a lead role in on site commissioning of new equipment and process systems
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and other business development initiatives
- Chemical Engineering degree required.
- Professional Engineering of Ontario (PEO) membership (P.Eng.) required.
- Ability to lead processing engineering tasks on a project, within the allocated budget and schedule, including mentoring and guidance of junior colleagues and professional interaction with other project disciplines.
- Extensive design, commissioning and/or operational experience of hydrometallurgical processing equipment
- Have significant site-based construction and commissioning experience.
- Extensive mineral processing experience is required specifically involving gold, base metals, uranium and industrial minerals projects including processes like comminution, flotation, leaching, thickening, heavy media separation, optical sorting, dewatering and slurry pumping.
- Have the ability to problem solve and work calmly in stressful situations.
- Must have strong oral and written English communication skills.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. CONTACT US
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Permaneny