General Supervisor Execution Refinery
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced General Supervisor Execution Refinery reports to the Maintenance superintendent, the incumbent acts as the second person in authority for his department, focusing on key issues which impact planned work and the production plan by providing recommendation to drive change with the Superintendents support. The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. The Role
The General Supervisor Execution Refinery plans, organizes, control and continuous improves works and a broad range of programs, initiatives and issues for a cost effective, reliable maintenance service to the refinery. He/She supports the Maintenance Superintendent in ensuring mechanical maintenance execution strategies are completed to a high standard. Responsibilities
- Ensure all working practices comply with the Ambatovy HSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure coverage to the Superintendent whist they are offsite or otherwise engaged with key activities onsite.
- Investigate break in work activities to support the reliability team in defining route cause and provide recommendation on how the issue could be avoided or better recovered.
- Provide guidance and coaching to mechanical maintenance team.
- Supports safe and efficient execution of mechanical maintenance in his area.
- Develop and implement best practices for maintenance work procedures and methods.
- Provides technical expertise to his/her department.
- Oversight (plan, monitor, control) of critical Maintenance activities to ensure quality and performance.
- Maintenance weekly and shutdown work planning routines for his/her area
- Elaboration and implementation of the preventative maintenance strategies
- Provides coaching and in the field training to the maintenance team.
- Leads/participates in continuous improvement initiatives in his field of expertise.
- Manage and coordinate optimization projects including subcontractors if required.
- Review / Support of prestart process safety reviews.
- Successful completion of a Mechanical Engineer degree or recognized Mechanical Trades training program.
- Minimum of 10 years industrial processing plant maintenance experience with 5 years in a supervisory role or leadership role.
- Ability to:
- Execute maintenance programs, track, monitor and report on KPI's / metrics
- Interpret engineering drawing
- Critically analyses emergency work and determine prioritization
- Monitor, evaluate and manage schedule compliance
- Strong understanding of the maintenance workflow process
- Exposure to event analysis methods e.g. RFCA, ICAM
- Excellent knowledge in rotating equipment maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, train and coach a team
- Good understanding of Welding/ Fabrication, Electrical Maintenance, Planning and Scheduling
- Computer literacy and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs; CMMS experience Ability to guide and mentor junior staff is essential.
- Fluent in English language skills essential.
- French language skills are highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.