Superintendent Plant Projects Execution
Ambatovy Nickel Cobalt operations in Madagascar is currently searching for a Superintendent Plant Projects Execution to be responsible for managing and delivering effective project execution support to the entire plant to ensure projects deliverables are met safely, on time and within budget. The Company
Globe 24-7 in partnership with Ambatovy is working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar. The Role
The Superintendent Plant Projects Execution reports into the Manager, Project Execution and will lead a team of Project Engineers, Coordinators and Supervisors to successfully accomplish the plant project deliverables as will be detailed in the Project Framework. The Responsibilities
- Ensures that all documentation is maintained to support company policies, procedures and ISO 9001 requirements, and that all engineering documentation is appropriately filed and archived.
- Directing the integration of project activities throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure the Engineering and procurement due diligence and deliverables are met in time for the field execution team to complete the construction activities on schedule.
- Ensures a thorough understanding of the client’s needs through a close relationship with the Area Superintendents, managers or any other direct or indirect client to the Project.
- Manage expectations – ensure that clear and achievable timelines are provided to the subordinates and the clients.
- Ensures a rigorous Management of Change Process is adhered to and that all changes are captured, approved and executed to Ambatovy standards.
- Ensure that all site and government safety, health and environmental procedures and standards are followed by engineering personnel and subcontractors.
- Maintain close collaboration with the HSE department to ensure all department workers are trained in safety and environment matters.
- Responsible for the hiring, development and training of all department personnel to ensure that the department abilities and resources are maintained.
- Manage team workload effectively - ensure workload is well balanced and clearly understood across the team.
- Performance management – implements strong performance management tools to ensure individuals understand the delverables and timelines they need to deliver.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical is preferred, with preference given to candidates with complementary training in management or project management.
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience in complex chemical, hydrometallurgical projects.
- Strong technical background in engineering and execution.
- Experience in operations in developing countries is an asset.
- A strong background in the supervision of technical personnel, project controls, quality control, budgets and cost control, and administration.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Language skills: Fluency in English is essential, Fluency in French is highly advantageous.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package and lodgings are modern and secure. Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.