Senior Reliability Engineer
Ambatovy Joint Venture operation in Madagascar, is recruiting an experienced Senior engineer reliability who will be required to be a key player in the implementation of best practices related to Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Maintenance Strategy Optimization within the Utilities Department focusing on the Acid Plants. The Company
Ambatovy Joint Venture in partnership with Globe 24-7, are working together to source experienced and qualified talent for their existing world class lateritic nickel processing facilities and mining operation in Madagascar. Ambatovy Joint Venture is committed to create lasting prosperity for all stakeholders and contribute significantly to sustainable development in Madagascar.The Role
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is required to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect Ambatovy’s business objectives in his or her assigned area of responsibility.
The lead reliability engineer will provide implementation of reliability principles and practices to increase equipment availability and reduce maintenance cost.Responsibilities
- Initiate, implement and control RCFA processes in the responsible area
- Propose technical improvements to improve reliability of equipment and installations
- Lead RCM analysis in assigned area to develop and defining in maintenance strategy for each company’s fixed asset (and mobile equipment in the case of the OPP area) in order of criticality.
- As necessary, use techniques such as FMEA for development and prioritization of inspections details and schedules for critical equipment.
- Lead defect elimination initiatives in assigned area
- Overview the data from Condition Based Maintenance Program is his area with the CBM specialist, Maintenance Superintendent and planning team to identify production risks and bad actors.
- Work with the Process Safety Engineers and HS to ensure Ambatovy Equipment condition doesn’t represent a risk for Ambatovy employees.
- Source and coordinate Subject Matter Experts from outside Ambatovy to support specific analysis.
- Working with the client to apply as necessary Preventive Maintenance Optimization methodology to audit and rationalize preventive maintenance activities for fixed equipment (and mobile equipment in the case of the OPP area) in assigned area.
- Provide technical leadership and be a resource in analyzing day to day problems, trouble-shooting of issues, liaising with manufacturer or technical expertise to understand and improve reliability issues that affect plant operations.
- Mentor, coach and train national Reliability Engineers to ensure skills, knowledge and experience is transferred
- Work with engineering to ensure that new designs incorporate features that give consideration to equipment reliability and maintainability best practices and meet all the prevailing industry and corporate Standards and Guidelines.
- Audit inspection activities to ensure quality and continuous improvement.
- Degree in Engineering, preference in Mechanical or Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Reliability Engineer within a similar operation on Acid Plants is essential
- Prior experience in managing a large construction or maintenance organization in an integrated industrial setting.
- Leadership and communication skills with a focus on optimization and continuous improvement.
- Training and developing subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Fluent in French and English would be ideal
- Problem solving skills.
- Abilities to develop and lead multidisciplinary teams in different cultural contexts
- Able to withstand stress and conflictual situation.
- Able to adapt and perform in complex events, activities involving several parties.
- Has autonomy and is able to structure and develop an organization
- Can adapt to multicultural teams. Can train, develop and coach subordinates to assume positions of greater responsibility in the organization.
- Can motivate and have a service oriented attitude
The position offers a competitive remuneration package. Lodgings are modern and secure.Contact Us
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.