Leading Hand Mechanical (Dozer Shop)
Our client, Lihir Gold Limited operates one of the largest gold mines in Papua New Guinea 900kms north-east of Port Moresby on the tropical Niolam Island (Lihir Island). Committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive work culture, Lihir’s mission is to deliver superior returns from finding, developing and operating gold/copper mines whilst providing long term employment opportunities. Globe 24-7 has been selected as the recruitment partner to assist with the sourcing process for this position and look forward to applicants who meet the required skills, experience and qualifications.
We are seeking an experienced Leading Hand - Mechanical (Dozer Shop) for a FIFO position on Lihir Island, PNG. In this position, you will be required oversee the day to day activities of Mobile Fleet Maintenance mechanical team and fill in as acting supervisor for leave coverage. Duties include however not limited to;
Skills and Experience Essential:
- Conducts mechanical maintenance on mobile fleet by ensuring a high level of understanding of operational issues including fault diagnosis, repairs and equipment performance.
- Performs preventative mechanical maintenance inspections on mobile fleet
- Leads and monitors mechanical maintenance activities of technicians
- Ensures maintenance schedules are in compliance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) recommendations and only genuine OEM parts are used.
- Ensures maintenance records for mobile fleet are kept current.
- Diesel Fitting or Mechanical Trades Certification essential
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience essential in large scale mining operations or heavy industry.
- PNG Driver’s Licence essential
- Previous experience in delivery and assessment of training desirable.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite SAP & MS Office Suite
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously from time to time.
- High attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- No previous criminal history charges or convictions
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document if you meet the above criteria.